Discover PDF is showing pending transactions not most current bill for January 2023?

Options
leggo
leggo Member ✭✭
anyone else experiencing this issue?

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @leggo

Can you provide some additional information so that we can clearly understand your issue(s)?

Are you referring to a "Discover" credit card account, or something else?  What function/activity are you performing when you say "showing pending transactions not most current bill"? Does PDF refer to some type of downloaded document - please clarify and explain the steps you take in the process?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @leggo,

Thanks for the additional information - it is helpful.  

As noted above, this problem would likely reside with the vendor that Quicken uses for the Bill Payment process.  I have seen a couple of posts in the last couple of months talking about problems with Discover Card payments, but none mentioned pending transactions.  However, since Quicken's vendor/partner is responsible for those activities, I agree that you should contact with Quicken Support.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @leggo

Can you provide some additional information so that we can clearly understand your issue(s)?

Are you referring to a "Discover" credit card account, or something else?  What function/activity are you performing when you say "showing pending transactions not most current bill"? Does PDF refer to some type of downloaded document - please clarify and explain the steps you take in the process?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frankx

• leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Frankx,
    Discover Credit Card, I was updating bills (my Discover monthly bill was due), the PDF that downloaded for my Discover Credit Card wound up being the two "pending transactions" which were beyond the current end of month billing cycle, versus correctly downloading my end of month billing statement PDF.
    I am on version R47.11, Build 27.1.47.11 on Windows 10 Home.

I appreciate your reply, sorry for the lack of information I hope this provides the clarification requested, if not please let me know.

Thank you for your help.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This would be "Online Bills" on the Bills tab.  The PDFs are fetched by the third-party service provider that Quicken Inc uses for providing the bill information and for bill payments.  Without looking at the code I can't be 100% sure, but I wouldn't think that Quicken has any control over which PDF are fetched, or what they would have in them.

I would suspect that the third-party service's "scripts" run a report and then grab the resulting PDF.  And maybe because of some change at Discover that is now getting the "current transactions" instead of the last statement.

At any rate, I believe only the third-party service can fix this, and you can't contact them directly, you will have to contact Quicken support and have them relay the problem to the third-party service.
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @leggo,

Thanks for the additional information - it is helpful.  

As noted above, this problem would likely reside with the vendor that Quicken uses for the Bill Payment process.  I have seen a couple of posts in the last couple of months talking about problems with Discover Card payments, but none mentioned pending transactions.  However, since Quicken's vendor/partner is responsible for those activities, I agree that you should contact with Quicken Support.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I too am seeing recent activity instead of monthly statement for Discover card.
    Quicken HB&RP release 47.15
    Windows 10 PRO 22H2, current

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Options
    At least I'm not the only one, let me know if you find out why
This discussion has been closed.