Bypass Update Accounts | Vault password

Options
Hi Community,

I think I may of found a medium security bug. If you perform the subject line and Skip the Vault Password and then close the Update Settings why would it allow you to update certain accounts like Bank of America. This is exactly what I am able to do.

I can bypass the Vault password from Update Accounts yet I am still able manually perform an update on these accounts from "Update Now":

- Bank of America: Checking, Savings and CC
- Citibank: CC
- Chase: CC (2 accounts)

Cannot manually update:
AMEX - Personal and Business CC

Version: R47.11
Build : 27.1.47.11
Windows 10 Home

Thanks,
Paul

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Password Vault ONLY holds passwords for accounts set up for Direct Connect download method.  The express Web Connect and Express Web Connect+ methods do not have passwords in the PV, therefore, bypassing it is not a security issue.
    You will find that your three listed FIs are either EWC or EWC+ (see Account List on Tools menu)

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Password Vault ONLY holds passwords for accounts set up for Direct Connect download method.  The express Web Connect and Express Web Connect+ methods do not have passwords in the PV, therefore, bypassing it is not a security issue.
    You will find that your three listed FIs are either EWC or EWC+ (see Account List on Tools menu)

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• pspisak28
    pspisak28 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I see, thank you for this information.
This discussion has been closed.