Online Account Set Up with Wrong Currency

Mark Der
Mark Der Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I use Quicken windows with multiple currency support. I tried to create a new investment (connected) account to Interactive Brokers. It all went well and the connection was established but with all transactions and balances are displayed in wrong currency. The absolute values are right but the currency is wrong. Instead of USD, Quicken is showing EUR (Euro). Euro is set as my home currency, but this account is in USD.

What should I do?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    This is a wild shot in the dark.  Try changing your home currency to USD, and then create the account, and then change it back to EUR.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Mark Der
    Mark Der Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks, the trick solved it.
    I changed my home currency to USD, and then created the account, and then changed it back to EUR.

Answers

• Mark Der
    Mark Der Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Forgot to mention - The account above is an brokerage account
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an area of strength for me, but I would try creating the account first as an offline manual account, no cash, no securities, making sure the currency designation is correct. Then I would make the connection to the brokerage. 
  • Mark Der
    Mark Der Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the Reply, but unfortunately it does not work. When I create an offline manual brokerage account, as soon as I edit this and setup and online account (via EDIT) it creates another account instead of changing the first one
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    This is a wild shot in the dark.  Try changing your home currency to USD, and then create the account, and then change it back to EUR.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Mark Der
    Mark Der Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks, the trick solved it.
    I changed my home currency to USD, and then created the account, and then changed it back to EUR.
This discussion has been closed.