Network Error - can’t access ...\quickenPatch.exe

mikek753b
mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
Update Program can't update due to Network Error. looks like it can't resolve or connect to update site to download the patch R47.15 HF2. I tried many times, the same error. Windows didn't find any errors.

I didn't have this issue a month ago for Jan update, all had worked Ok.
Best Regards
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    this is what I see
    u1.JPG 174.9K
    Best Regards
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Sometimes the update version process from within Quicken does not work as it should.  I suggest you go to https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product and download the Mondo Patch from there.  Save the file to your hard drive and then double click on the file.  That will initiate the process to update to R47.15.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do make sure that your firewall settings allow these programs to access the Internet:
    (These settings taken from my Norton AV/Firewall setup)
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the update version process from within Quicken does not work as it should.  I suggest you go to https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product and download the Mondo Patch from there.  Save the file to your hard drive and then double click on the file.  That will initiate the process to update to R47.15.
    yes, this is what I had to do for R47.11
    but, the fix HF2 wasn't avail for manual download
    yes, I see another R47.15 and , yes I manually downloaded it

but, why it fails via Quicken Update App?
    Best Regards
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have just default Windows 10 Firewall, nothing extra.
    yes, update via manual download the update app worked Ok
    but, what blocks update to work from Quicken?
    I can't find any issues in Windows event logs ether
    I tried change to use Google DNS instead of Xfinity ISP DNS, no diff ether

thanks for all your replies and help

Best Regards
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    mikek753b said:
    yes, this is what I had to do for R47.11
    but, the fix HF2 wasn't avail for manual download
    yes, I see another R47.15 and , yes I manually downloaded it

but, why it fails via Quicken Update App?
    FYI:  R47.15 and R47.15 HF2 are the exact same things.  Both are R47.15.  The "HF2" is more of a description than anything else.
    "Why it fails via Quicken Update App?"   I wish I could tell you.  Updating from within Quicken usually works well but for some reason sometimes it does not.  I'm thinking that when updating from within Quicken there might sometimes be a connection error of some sort that occurs causing the download/update process to fail.  Your post is the first one that I've seen about updating to R47.15 from within Quicken failing so that leads me to believe that there was some sort of connection error that occurred specific to your update.  All I know for sure is that manually downloading and installing the Mondo Patch is more reliable than updating from within Quicken and it is a good route to go when a version update/installation error does occur. 
    The one thing to keep in mind is that sometimes there is a delay of up to a business day or so before the Mondo Patch link gets updated to the new version....this time it was just a few hours.  Hover the cursor over the Mondo Patch link and the path for the download will show up.  The version number will be listed in that path.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    For @UKR - the “network” error message from above - is not factual as it lists the local “c drive” path as the problem. 
    Guessing the install package was confused on where it had saved the patch EXE file...…

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    so, it looks like Quicken issue to look into incorrect location?
    and has nothing to do with Network or Firewall IMHO in this case

Best Regards
This discussion has been closed.