I notice that Quicken is logging into my banking account very early in the mornig

I was reviewing my bank account login information and every day between 3-4am there is a login request via Mac OS15.1 (I don't own a Mac). I changed my bank account password and didn't see the login. I then added the new password to Quicken and am now seeing the login again, all between 3-4 am. Not sure if I missed something in the EULA. Anyone else seeing this?
Tagged:

Comments

• mark5fingers
    mark5fingers Member ✭✭
    also, I do not use Quickens mobile or web applications.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certain banks have moved to a protocol called EWC or EWC+ … which uses a 3rd party proxy service to access your accounts for future downloading into Quicken.  If you look at the top of your Quicken Register, it will show which protocol is being used 
    What bank are you using ? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you download transactions via EWC or EWC+? Both of those transaction download methods store your transactions on aggregation servers. The aggregation server logs in to your financial institution nightly to retrieve your transactions. You then download transactions fro the aggregation server. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mark5fingers
    mark5fingers Member ✭✭
    Makes sense. I'm banking via Truist and using EWC. I'll verify this also with the online deactivated. Thanks for the information.
This discussion has been closed.