Missing individual securities when downloading from my LPL brokerage vs importing QFX file.

I have investment accounts at my broker and each account has individual securities that make up my entire portfolio. When importing through Express Web Connect, Quicken fails to import all securities. I checked the ticker symbol and it's correct. Quicken help desk said to just 'wait' and try to download at a later date. This is of no help! To confirm, I created a QFX file from the broker's site and verified the missing securities are in that file. I know the quicken update process is different for QFX file vs Express Web Connect. However, I did confirm the data is in the QFX file and it's not a problem with the broker's site. Quicken is not using all the data in the file.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this data import issue?
TIA
Rick

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try creating the securities in Q and then importing

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Great suggestion! However, just tried and Quicken still did not import that security. It's missing about 10 securities from this one broker account.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What brokerage? And what securities?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Examples: Abbott Laboratories (ABT) and Accenture PLC (ACN) Broker = LPL Financial
    The data is showing in the QFX file if I create from LPL's site but Quicken is not importing.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @RickLundin,

Have you ever downloaded a QFX file for this brokerage account, and then actually imported it into your Quicken datafile?

If you open up the account register in Quicken and look at the top of the page - what does it say immediately below the Account name?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Yes, I did import a QFX file from the broker just to see if it resolved my issue. It did not. I normally use Express Web Connect to update my Quicken. It displays "Investment" below the Account Name Header.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @RickLundin

So I am scratching my head at your last sentence above.  But is sounds to me like that account is no longer setup for downloading.  Sometimes, when a user downloads and imports a QFX, it can cause the account to no longer connect.  That could be the case for you.

From the account register, click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right and select "Edit account details"> Then select the "Online Services" tab.  If you see a "Set up Now..." button, the account is no longer setup for download > so click that button and follow the prompts to setup the account.

If you see both a "Deactivate" button and a "Reset Account" button > click on the "Reset Account" button and follow the prompts to reset the connection.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Examples: Abbott Laboratories (ABT) and Accenture PLC (ACN) Brokerage = LPL Financial
    The data is showing in the QFX file if I create from LPL's site but Quicken is not importing.
    Are these new Buys - or what data is "missing" - the current stock "status" as in number of shares & pricing ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• The account was fine and I ran the 'reset' again but nothing has changed.
    Appreciate your suggestions...I may create a new data file and start from scratch.
  • These are not new buys but existing securities. It does not even list the security as one under that broker account. So, I'm not getting any balances and it's throwing me out of balance to my broker account.
This discussion has been closed.