AMEX - Quicken Connection

:|
Directed to the Amex site to authenticate, but no accounts on the Amex page to authorize.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    :|
    Directed to the Amex site to authenticate, but no accounts on the Amex page to authorize.
    Hello @Jerry Campbell

We are sorry about this problem with online banking services, and accounts missing for authorization. Thank you for alerting us to this issue, here on the Quicken Community.

To be clear, are you missing accounts when you are trying to LINK them in the Add Account window, or are you seeing a screen in the Authorization process that is meant to display a list of your accounts, but no accounts appear? Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well.  

I look forward to hearing more from you about this issue.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Hi @Quicken Jared - It's the latter - "meant to display a list of your accounts, but no accounts appear." I was able to get it to work by holding CTRL-SHFT while selecting the Account Details. Go to Online Services and choose Activate Account. The form will load with some hidden fields to specify username/password. RE-enter existing credentials, and it worked.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Quicken Jared - It's the latter - "meant to display a list of your accounts, but no accounts appear." I was able to get it to work by holding CTRL-SHFT while selecting the Account Details. Go to Online Services and choose Activate Account. The form will load with some hidden fields to specify username/password. RE-enter existing credentials, and it worked.
    Hello @Jerry Campbell,   

Thanks so much for answering my earlier questions about this problem, and for providing updates about what seems to be happening. I am happy to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved, and I really appreciate these steps you included regarding the CTRL-SHIFT key in the Account Details window; this information may prove to be quite helpful.

Have a great day, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns!

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Quicken Jared - It's the latter - "meant to display a list of your accounts, but no accounts appear." I was able to get it to work by holding CTRL-SHFT while selecting the Account Details. Go to Online Services and choose Activate Account. The form will load with some hidden fields to specify username/password. RE-enter existing credentials, and it worked.
    Curious ... where did you find this advice? I've never heard of this hidden trick ...

This discussion has been closed.