Random OSU displays & Quicken "talking" to accounts after shutdown?

Options
michael7572
michael7572 Member ✭✭✭
My sign-in window pops when I launch Quicken.  Then, if I don't select all accounts, only random accounts are updated, and the list of random accounts changes daily.  This all started when I tried to schedule downloads.  I am unable to remove this sign-in requirement no matter what I do.  I uninstalled and reinstalled more than once.  It's just broken with obviously no solution by Quicken, other than "start a new data file," which is a ridiculous suggestion.  I WANT THIS FIXED. (Yes, repaired and super-repaired)
Second problem; periodically I'll get a text message from one of my online billing accounts, requesting that I "do something" to confirm I am, in fact logging on.  The reality is, I am not, but Quicken is.  If I launch Quicken after this happens, before I even run OSU, I see the "Fix it" messages next to the account(s) that wanted verification.  There should be NO COMMUNICATION between Quicken and any account when it is not running.  I checked background processes and don't see anything Quicken-related, unless this background program doesn't start with the letter Q?  How do I make this stop?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About #2:
    If you have ANY accounts that are setup for Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect+ (look at Account List on Tools menu), you have instructed Quicken via it aggregating service provider (Intuit) to log into your accounts (as you) to download and aggregate your transactions for later import into Quicken when you do a One Step Update (OSU).
    If you do not wish this to happen, then de-activate OSU for those accounts and enter all of your transaction manually.
    If you use QMobile/Q-Web, they also require that the aggregation service connect to your financial institutions to download/import transactions.
    As you might already have found/figured out, this aggregation process happens at night.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• michael7572
    michael7572 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Actually, there is no reason why any part of Quicken should be reaching out anywhere unless I schedule an update unattended.  The accounts in question are Nationwide and my LTC account. Neither of them is in the OSU list and do not appear in the list of accounts.  They both appear in the online bills display, so that I can get online bills.  Quicken is looking to verify these accounts during the night.  I get text messages, and the way third party verification supposed to work would be for me to declare that someone is trying to access my account, and I would go to these accounts and change my password/ID. (TPV is a huge joke, BTW) But if I get up at 4 AM or so and look at Quicken I see that THEY were trying to reach out to the companies.  ZERO reason to do this. 
    I had to remove my Verizon account from the bills because in their case they would deactivate my account and I would have to come up with yet another password. 
    So, either MY Quicken is broken and needs a fix, or this process needs to be reevaluated by Quicken.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems to me the Quicken is working as expected considering the online features you have elected to use in Quicken.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.