Several Setup Questions in Quicken Deluxe

Hi - I've been using Quicken Deluxe (WIN) for 12 years now. My PC is getting old so am switching over to a new PC and signed up for the newest and latest Quicken. Trying to set up a couple of simple things but can't seem to figure it out so hope someone can help me.

The register is "tiny" compared to my old PC. Is there a way to increase the font size or blow it up so it's easier to read?

I set up offline checking and savings accounts, typing in opening balance for both. So far so good and that balance is showing up as the first entry - it says Openi ng Blance. Now I want to make my first entry, but when I do the first entry pops up on top of the Opening Balanc. It should be below that so the balance will start changing with different entries. Like it normally would if you were doing a paper and pen register. Is there a way to fix this?

The current register line shows the Payee column first. I want to totally get rid of the Payee column. How do you do this?

Thank you for any help.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    As to the "tiny" issue, see if this support page is helpful:
    As to the the Opening Balance not staying at the top of the register, click the gearwheel in the upper right hand corner of the screen and change the sort order:
    Once that's squared away click that gearwheel again and select "Register columns..." and select what columns you want to see and don't want to see.
  • Deaf Guy
    Deaf Guy Member
    This is so helpful thank you so much, Tom. While I have you here, just one more QQ. I'm pretty sure you can add the memo field into the category field like it's a split column. Can you tell me how to do that as I've looked around and just cannot figure it out since it's been so long setting up new accounts?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sounds like you want a 2-line register. Press CTRL 2 on your keyboard.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Deaf Guy
    Deaf Guy Member
    Hi - I just looked at my old version and you're right. I thought that column was split. Thank you and the two-line works great.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deaf Guy said:
    The current register line shows the Payee column first. I want to totally get rid of the Payee column. How do you do this?
    The Payee column shows the name of the person or company who you made this payment to. Or the name of the company who sent you a paycheck.
    If you removed the Payee column from the transaction register ... where else would you put this description?

Are you new to Quicken for Windows Subscription version?

Welcome.
    Please read this for more information, some videos and a list of resources to help familiarize yourself with Quicken:
    https://www.quicken.com/quicken-tips
    https://www.quicken.com/complete-guide-getting-started-quicken-windows

Quicken Help! (Quicken for Windows)

If you're unsure on how to do something, you can find more information about a specific task, function, feature or report in Quicken Help.
    To access Quicken Help simply press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken (or click Help in the Menu bar, then click Quicken Help).
     Once Help has started, use the Search tab to search using keywords, e.g., "buy security".
    Some Quicken view screens may have a blue (or yellow) button with a question mark. Click it to get view - specific help.
    A browser-based version is available here: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Quicken+Windows+Help

This discussion has been closed.