Top Spending Payees Dashboard

Options
PAVZ9
PAVZ9 Member
If I get refunded from a payee, the refunded amount does not get applied to the top spending payees dashboard. For instance, if I make a $1,000 purchase and later return it, the dashboard still registers it as $1000. But if you click on it, it will show the purchase and return with a balance of zero. I imagine for this to be useful, it should show true payees, not just the fact you paid, and ignore any credits applied. And yes, they are named exactly the same and in the same category.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @PAVZ9 You're correct. I pointed out during beta testing that it was only using positive values. As a result, you may notice that the total on your Spending by Category card and the total of spending on the Top Payees card may not agree, although they should be the same dollar value. Further, if you have a return in an expense category which makes the category positive (e.g. a credit balance), this positive value is excluded from the Spending by Category total. When I look at my Last Quarter or Last Year, the Total Expense on the Income & Expenses card ≠ Total on the Spending by Category card ≠ the total amount on the Spending by Payee card. Ugh! Three difference values for total expenses, which should be the same!

For whatever reason, the developers did not address this before releasing version 6.12. I don't know if it's because they disagree that these value should match or that they didn't want to hold up the release long enough to fix these issues. I hope they will fix this in the next release. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • PAVZ9
    PAVZ9 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It's frustrating to pay for an application that does not deliver correct information. Especially a financial one. It makes me wonder what else it may be calculating incorrectly. I'll wait for the 'fix', if there is ever one.
  • J. Holmes
    J. Holmes Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the info.  I pre-paid for a rental car for a recent trip that was refunded and thereafter obtained a vehicle from a different rental agency.  Both transactions are visible in the Top Spending Payees card.  
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    It should be taking the net payments to the first rental car company, which from your description sum to zero, instead of ignoring the credit and reporting spending for this Payee. So the Top Payees card is presenting incorrect information. I hope the developers will fix this in the next release.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.