Tax Planner has Standard Deduction error

Options
Ernest
Ernest Member ✭✭
The Tax Planner standard deduction for Joint & both over 65 is using the wrong number.
Quicken using $28,900 and it should be $28,700. Can a update be posted?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    If you are talking about what TP shows for 2022 and are running Quicken version R46.XX or higher, then I am seeing the same thing.  For 2022 it looks like TP is using a 65+ adjustment of $1500/person (the correct 2023 amount) instead of $1400/person (the correct 2022 amount).
    I also confirmed that this issue exists for married, filing jointly, but only one person is 65+.
    I did not check all the other possible variations of the standard deduction when using the 65+ modifier but I suspect they might be wrong, as well.
    I suggest you go to Help > Report a Problem and in your message reference this thread (copy the URL and paste it into the message). I will do the same. 
    Report a Problem is a much better way to ensure that the Quicken Development Team is informed of issues,  Posting issues here in Community is a great way to inform other users of issues but not the best way of informing the Quicken Development Team.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.