Reconciling Investment Accounts

Options
cantip
cantip Member
edited March 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I have always recorded individual transactions for each security (dividends, buy/sell, etc.) I have several accounts with many different securities. As I am now in my late 70's, I would like to consolidate reporting total activity to reconcile to broker statements without showing individual securities. Is that possible?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Yes. Try these settings and see if they are what you are looking for:
    • Back up your data file in case you do not like the result
    • Go to Edit > Preferences > Investments and check the Enable simple investing box if it is not already
    • For each account where you want to see summary information, click on the gear at the top right and select Edit Account details
    • Under Tracking method, select Simple - Positions only
    This will hide your transaction list and show a dashboard instead. You can still click on Holdings to see your current holdings but Quicken will no longer track your detailed transactions, investing income, capital gains and losses, or performance.

Because the detailed transactions are no longer downloaded, switching back to Complete mode may be messy, thus the backup in case you want to revert.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you don’t like the results of switching to Simple investing, please post back. There are other ways to reduce the data entry effort. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.