Opening Quicken online bring up sign in blank sign in box

Options
I can't run Quicken online because it comes up with a blank sign in box.  I try to click it away and another comes up and I finally have to force close it.  I can open off line.  I no longer have a subscription but until last week could still run Quicken both off and on line.  The box when online would go away when it realized I was not a subscriber.  I would like to be able to run online so that I could renew my subscription online if I wanted to.  Also, there are sometimes offers for renewal that occur when I run online that are discounted from the usual cost. Any suggestions? 
Thank you!

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am not sure what you mean by "Quicken online".  Quicken is a desktop software that has some online services but there is no online Quicken...with the exception of Quicken on the Web which is simply a somewhat limited extension of your desktop software.
    There have been some others who have posted that after their subscriptions expired that they could still use online services for a period of time but then all of a sudden that stopped.  It sounds like you have benefited from the same kind of situation (continued to be able to use an online service for a period of time after your subscription expired) but now that has stopped.  There is nothing that can be done to restore that online service other than to resubscribe. 
    You do not need to have Quicken online services in order to resubscribe.  There are several different ways you can resubscribe:
    • From within your desktop Quicken by going to Help > Manage Your Subscription > My Quicken Account.
    • Log into your online www.Quicken.com account and click on Subscriptions > Manage.
    • Go to www.Quicken.com and click on Buy Quicken.  Then log into your Quicken.com account and complete the purchase process.
    • Or, if you want to ensure that you can get the advertised discounted price for renewal (not for new subscribers....most discounts are for new subscribers, not for renewing) contact Quicken Support via Phone or Online Chat:  https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support.
    I hope this helps you.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• GrandmaJo
    GrandmaJo Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't mean I was using Quicken online.  I just meant that if my internet connection is on, Quicken was hanging with a blank box (which should have been the sign in box.) Previous to this problem, that box would appear briefly and then disappear.  After the problem started, if I went off line, Quicken would open, with no box showing up, but if online, it hung and I had to force close it.  Since I wrote this, I tried getting help from Quicken chat support and they advised me to reinstall Quicken and then the patch for my last version.  After doing this, I can't open it at all.  I briefly see my accounts and then they disappear and a blank screen appears with no place to sign in.  
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.  I was doing some traveling.
    I see that you have found another post thread regarding issues getting Quicken 2017 to open and run.  Is this post thread about that Quicken 2017 issue?  If so, we can close this thread because it appears that addresses the issue you are seeing.
    If not and this thread is about something else, let me know so we can continue to explore that here.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.