Cannot Save Reports and Prior Reports Cannot Be Retrrieved

RLFCYCLE
RLFCYCLE Member
edited March 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I use Quicken Home business and Rental Property. Version R47.15. For the last few months, any report I created and saved cannot be retrieved. When accessing the report in "My Saved Reports and Graphs," a completely different report from years ago appears but with a different date and title. I have restored files from backup going back a few months, as well as validated and supervalidated the file. Quicken support tells me that my data file is corrupted and to start all over. This is absurd. All has been working fine for 10 years without a hitch. This has to be related to a recent update. Isn't there a way to just fix the report code in the data file? Very frustrating.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure the reports are not being saved in a folder inside your saved reports? It is easy to miss folders in the My Saved reports & Graphs list because the only indication it is a folder is a little arrow off to the right of the folder name.

If you haven't already, try going to Reports > Reports & Graphs Canter, where the folders under My Saved Reports are more prominent. Be sure to scroll down if you have a long list of reports.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • RLFCYCLE
    RLFCYCLE Member
    Jim - you are correct. I can access the reports in the "Reports and Graphs Center." I have never used that before. But it begs the question why the reports are bastardized in "My Saved Reports and Graphs." Any clue?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised that Support did not suggest trying the Reports and Graphs Center.

I can't imagine why reports accessed via "My saved Graphs & Reports" and via the "Reports & Graphs Center" would be different. As an experiment, you might try saving a test report with a distinct name like "Testing 123"  and accessing it both ways to see if there are differences.

If the reports are different, create a new Quicken file with an offline account and a few dummy transactions and try the experiment again. If it works OK with a new file, the problem has something to do with your data file. If it is still broken, there is a problem with your Quicken installation and you should uninstall and reinstall Quicken.

Please let us know what you learn!
    QWin Premier subscription
  • RLFCYCLE
    RLFCYCLE Member
    Jim - it's the darndest thing. I can save reports but if I go to "My Saved Graphs and Reports" nothing comes up. But if I go to Reports and Graphs Center, they are all there. I am tired of screwing around with it. As long as I can get them in the Reports Center, I am going to live with it. Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. You are the best!
This discussion has been closed.