View Bill Totals for the Month

Is there a way to view the total value of my bills entered in the Bill Reminders and Online Bills area for a given time period - like for the month? I'd like to be able to see a total value at the beginning of a month for budgeting/planning purposes. I looked over the reports and didn't find anything there.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One way of doing that could be to click on Reports > Spending > Spending by Payee and then customizing that report to ONLY the payees associated with the Bill Reminders and Online Bills.  Then customize the time period to whatever suits your purposes.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    @tapierce are you wanting to look ahead at upcoming bills or look back at bills already paid? Also are your bills paid all from one account or from multiple accounts?

Tom Young’s post above will help you look back at already paid bills. 

If you instead want to look forward, have you tried enabling View Reminders in Register in the account registers where you pay those bills? This feature gives you a preview of your account balance with the bill reminders applied so you can easily see if you have a sufficient balance to cover the upcoming bills. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• tapierce
    tapierce Member ✭✭
    @mshiggins I'm interested in seeing a total of my upcoming bills for the month. Your suggestion of viewing reminders in the register would probably get me what I need but I have many accounts so this would be quite cumbersome to do each month. I'd have to go through every register and manually add up the reminders. I was hoping there would be a better way of doing this but thanks for your suggestion anyway.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set up your Reminders that you want to see "in the future" to "Auto enter "X" days in advance.  An "X" of 35 days(or more)  would easily cover a "month" from any "today" you might want to select.  Then customize the Spending by Payee report as discussed above, again selecting only Payees and Accounts you want to see, and save the report.  Set the time period for the future month you're interested in.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    tapierce said:
    @mshiggins I'm interested in seeing a total of my upcoming bills for the month. Your suggestion of viewing reminders in the register would probably get me what I need but I have many accounts so this would be quite cumbersome to do each month. I'd have to go through every register and manually add up the reminders. I was hoping there would be a better way of doing this but thanks for your suggestion anyway.
    @tapierce have you tried the All Transactions register? You can access it from the link at the top of the Account Bar, normally shown on the left side of your Quicken screen. For searching and checking other info across multiple accounts, the All Transactions register is one of the best Quicken features. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• tapierce
    tapierce Member ✭✭
    @mshiggins I looked into the "All Transactions" screen but this only seems to show past transactions. When I change the date range to some time in the future (for example April 1 to April 30th) then nothing displays although I do have many reminders set up for April.
This discussion has been closed.