I cannot do bulk edits of the "tag" field

Options
ScottJK
ScottJK Member
edited March 2023 in Reports (Windows)
Choosing multiple entries from a report, the "tag" field cannot be edited. All the other fields - category, memo, etc, can be edited fine. Note, both Quicken and Windows are up to date.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which report, some allow it others don't.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ScottJK
    ScottJK Member
    Options
    Thank you. I am usually working with "Reports" - "Spending" - "itemized categories". I would then expand the report to show individual transactions. If I either "right click" on an individual transaction, or hit the "edit" button...the program will not allow me to "retag" or edit the tag field. All the other fields edit feature does still work.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here is my right-click dropdown list in the Spending->Itemed Categories report using Quicken Premier R47.15.

It shows up whether I select a single or multiple transactions.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ScottJK
    ScottJK Member
    Options
    Yes, but it does not work. The option is there, but the tags do not change - they remain the same. I am going to call support. I have most up to date version, etc. Been using Quicken for 15 yrs and this is first time a problem
  • edozazu
    edozazu Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, VERY frustrating !!! Please post when you hear about a solution! Thanks !
  • edozazu
    edozazu Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm using "More reports" , "Register report", "Edit" . All fields can be changed except "Retag transaction(s)" which does NOT work.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to several other discussions here in the Community, this appears to be a freshly hatched bug. Hopefully, this will get fixed in one of the next patch releases.
This discussion has been closed.