EWC+ Download Question - date/time stamp (edit)

Options
shelquis
shelquis Member ✭✭✭

In the old days, when I'd perform a One Step Update (OSU), the Summary Page shown after the OSU included the time at which the download occurred and generally all accounts were updated at that time. Recently I've noticed that some EWC+ accounts show an update date and time in the past. Is this typical EWC+ behavior? If so, what sets the update frequency for each account?

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

When everything is working correctly the date/time on all the accounts should be updating even for Express Web Connect +.

Here is some more information that might help:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @shelquis,

Thw Summary Page should show the date ans time of the last successful download connection (whether transactions are downloaded or not). If you are seeing dates that are not current, that is an indication that the account has not successfully connected since that date. So, no - that is not typical behavior.

The “update frequency” for any account is controlled by the user. Each time that you request (through Quicken) an update, that last download date should change regardless of whether transactions are actuallly downloaded or not. If it does not update, then you need to look at, and perhaps reset the account's connection in Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

When everything is working correctly the date/time on all the accounts should be updating even for Express Web Connect +.

Here is some more information that might help:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @shelquis,

Thw Summary Page should show the date ans time of the last successful download connection (whether transactions are downloaded or not). If you are seeing dates that are not current, that is an indication that the account has not successfully connected since that date. So, no - that is not typical behavior.

The “update frequency” for any account is controlled by the user. Each time that you request (through Quicken) an update, that last download date should change regardless of whether transactions are actuallly downloaded or not. If it does not update, then you need to look at, and perhaps reset the account's connection in Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• shelquis
    shelquis Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Chris_QPW and @Frankx. I appreciate your prompt and on-point replies. I reset 6 accounts which had not been downloading. They were all EWC+ accounts. After resetting them, I ran a OSU and all my accounts downloaded. For now, I consider my issue resolved, but I'll keep watching all timestamps to see how long this works. Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.