My 6.12.3 version is a disaster

Options
sallysims
sallysims Member ✭✭
I am trying to do my taxes and find that ALL of my categorizing of credit card expenses through 2022 is completely messed up - every month. None are as entered. I cannot rely on any information retrieved in Tax Summary.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2023
    Options

Are you saying that the Tax Summary report is showing wrong information? Or that your transactions in your registers are categorized incorrectly?

If the transactions are categorized wrong, can you remember when any of them were incorrrect? Typically, if categories have changed from what you entered, it's due to Quicken Cloud overwriting your edits. Do you have Sync turned on (in Preferences > Mobile Web & Alerts)? If yes, after you categorize downloaded transactions, do you do Accounts > Sync to Mobile?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • sallysims
    sallysims Member ✭✭
    Options
    Splits deteriorated, with many categories deleted, remaining $ amounts revised and a final entry "uncategorized" with balance.
    Since these splits are revised, I cannot get an accurate tax summary. Last night, I re-entered data into some splits, and the info has stayed. But the need to do this is very frustrating.
    I have not yet looked into prior years' splits.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2023
    Options

@sallysims You didn't answer the question I asked about your Quicken Cloud Sync setting. Is it (and has it been ) set to On or Off?

Also: do you know roughly when the messed up categorizations began? It may be easier to revert to a backup data file, even if you have to re-download/re-enter/re-edit some recent transactions, but all your history is accurate.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • sallysims
    sallysims Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken was synced to iCloud until mid-May. I checked past years and there does not appear to be any corruption there. Only affected 2022. That seems really odd to me. But I'm about up to date now, and functional. You can delete this thread if you prefer to. Will post anew if something goes amiss again. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.