Second time here within a week - setup password manager

Options
Helitac
Helitac Member ✭✭
I just spent the weekend setting up a password manager for all my accounts. I then went to Quicken to enter the new passwords for my financial accounts. No such luck. Quicken tells me my user ID and Password doesn’t match. My user ID and Vault password has not been changed and I used the vault to access into my financial accounts.
Quicken now states I have to delete my vault and re-enter the info…are you kidding me?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Helitac ,

We are sorry about this problem with credentials. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Are you referring to the prompt for online banking credentials when trying to update your accounts through One Step Updates? Are you receiving a particular message after entering your credentials, and if so, is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well.

I look forward to your answers.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Helitac
    Helitac Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Jared for you response. I went to the vault and bit the bullet. Instruction indicated I might lose my vault info during reset. . . didn't happen. I was able to enter new passwords and that took care of my problem. Thank you for the added about screenshots, very helpful!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @Helitac

We are glad to hear that the situation has been resolved, although we are sorry if any of the guidance provided caused some trepidation. I am glad to hear that reseting the vault seems to have fixed the problem with credentials being rejected.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared

This discussion has been closed.