adding a bill reminder without linking

P Oak
P Oak Unconfirmed, Member
When I try to add a new bill reminder Quicken now insists that I link it and if I don't do that, it won't add it to the account on the due date. Linking is supposedly an optional setting, but I can't figure out how to remove it. In the past I've added plenty of reminders without encountering this problem.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

When adding a new bill reminder using the Bills, Income & Transfers view, click the “+” button and select “Manual Bill” from the popup

When doing same from the Tools Menu / Manage Bills and Income Reminders view also choose “Add”, “Bill”, “Manual BIll”.

• P Oak
    I do not see the choice of manual bill reminder. Perhaps this is because I am using the 2017 version?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

If you're using an expired subscription, you can't do anything online any longer anyway. No online bill pay. No transaction downloading. Nothing online.
    And, yes, you shouldn't have the (new since 2017) Online Bill Manager functions.
    To add a new scheduled reminder use the Tools Menu / Manage Bills and Income Reminders view and choose an option from the “Add” Menu choices.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Perhaps. I don't have 2017 to look at. Can you find the option here?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• P Oak
    I find Quicken very useful but I don't use it online. (However, it looks as if I will have to upgrade in order to get the manual bill reminder feature. It's not there now
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Path on QW2017 to create manual reminder:

Tools | Manage Bill & Income Reminders or press CTRL J on your keyboard

From Bill and Income Reminders window, click Create New | Bill Reminder

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.