How to re-enter Payroll details after "update" wiped two out

Options
David K
David K Member ✭✭
Quicken / USAA link changed recently with (apparently) a bug. Effects included loss of splits for two payroll dates. "Manage Bill & Income Reminders" has dates for future pays with splits. But if I use one of the futures, it won't be there when that date comes around. When I try to edit the old pays, there's no split option. How do I re-create the splits for two prior dates?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

What you might want to try:

1. Back up your data file before proceeding.
    2. Go to the next Income Reminder and click on Edit this and all future reminders (the downward pointing triangle on the right side of the Enter button).
    3. Where it says Due next on: Change it to the date of the 1st transaction that is missing. Then click on Done. This will not only change the due date for that Reminder but it will also reset all the following pay dates accordingly.
    4. Delete the two errant transaction in your Account Register.
    5. Then you can enter the 2 missing Reminders and the future Reminders should be scheduled correctly.

Did this resolve the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

What you might want to try:

1. Back up your data file before proceeding.
    2. Go to the next Income Reminder and click on Edit this and all future reminders (the downward pointing triangle on the right side of the Enter button).
    3. Where it says Due next on: Change it to the date of the 1st transaction that is missing. Then click on Done. This will not only change the due date for that Reminder but it will also reset all the following pay dates accordingly.
    4. Delete the two errant transaction in your Account Register.
    5. Then you can enter the 2 missing Reminders and the future Reminders should be scheduled correctly.

Did this resolve the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.