Transfer of Shares

rsherman7256
rsherman7256 Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Investing (Windows)
After doing the transfer, the transactions appear in the from and to account but the to
account doesn't show the equities in the Portfolio view. How come?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you enter a Shares Transferred between accounts in Quicken to move the shares?

If you accepted downloaded transactions to record the transfer, are the securities in the receiving account the same as in the original account?

QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Check how the view you are using is customized with respect to accounts and securities.

• rsherman7256
    rsherman7256 Member ✭✭
    I regularly update my portfolio with Fidelity. the "remove shares" transactions in the from account appear and the stocks (HD and MS) don't appear in the Portfolio view. in the to account the "add shares" transactions appear with the same date but the stocks (HD and MS) don't appear in the Portfolio view of the to account.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

I suspect that when the transactions were downloaded into the receiving account, you accepted them as new securities and they were not matched to your existing HD and MS securites. Portfolio views do not include new securities unless you explictly add them.

If this is what has happened, the new securities will have slightly different names from the old ones. You should go to the Added transactions in the receiving account and edit them to use the old names. When you have completed this, you can go to the incorrect new securites in your Security List and delete them.

If multiple lots of HD and MS were moved to the new account and you want to keep track of the original lots and cost basis, please post back for more information.

QWin Premier subscription
  • rsherman7256
    rsherman7256 Member ✭✭
    Thanks very much; I'll give that a try
This discussion has been closed.