quicken on mac : how can I get a by-category report that does a comparison to average spending

pcd
pcd Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Reports (Mac)
Simple question - I want to run a report that compares by-category spending with their running averages. It looks like the reporting features on windows offer this, but not seeing how I can do this on the mac version.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓

There isn't any way to get running averages in Quicken Mac.

You coukld create a report with New > Summary report with Row=Category, Column=Time, Interval=Month or Year, set a time range like last 12 months or last 3 or 5 or more years. Then export the report, open it in your spreadsheet of choice (Excel or Numbers or Google Sheets), create a column to average all the other columns.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓

There isn't any way to get running averages in Quicken Mac.

You coukld create a report with New > Summary report with Row=Category, Column=Time, Interval=Month or Year, set a time range like last 12 months or last 3 or 5 or more years. Then export the report, open it in your spreadsheet of choice (Excel or Numbers or Google Sheets), create a column to average all the other columns.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • pcd
    pcd Member ✭✭
    thanks for the quick answer. reporting leaves something to be desired on the mac.
This discussion has been closed.