CapitalOne will not connect: "Parameter credentials must be specified for this request."

Rich Cook
Rich Cook Member ✭✭✭

Hello, I'm seeing this behavior with Quicken. Says I need to reauthorize my account but gives an error when I try. How can I proceed to correct it please?

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023

It's 3AM on a Sunday. My advice is wait until tomorrow afternoon & see if it clears up - banks love to do maintenance this time of the weekend. I just ran One Step Update & half my accounts failed to connect.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Rich Cook
    Rich Cook Member ✭✭✭

It's possible, except that I can connect to the bank website fine and use their iPhone app as well. Shouldn't those be down too? Hmm.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

The server that Quicken connects to isn't necessarily the same as the website you log in to, especially if you're using Direct Connect. It's possible for one to be down while the other is up & running.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• thokeller
    thokeller Member
    When a Cap1 card was replaced, Quicken could no longer connect. I called support and we disconnected the account, quit Quicken, reopened Quicken and added the Capd1 credit card account. This worked.
  • Rich Cook
    Rich Cook Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The solution for me was to disconnect the account and all CapOne accounts, disable downloads for it. I'm sorry but I apparently double-posted on this topic. Here is the solution:

This discussion has been closed.