Change view of accounts from quadrant view to register view. [Simple vs Complete]

bernthals
bernthals Member
edited April 2023 in Investing (Windows)

On two of my accounts I have a view in four quadrants instead of the register view. It is impossible to see the daily transactions and “accept” them, The other accounts are fine. Is there a way to change the view on these two accounts?

Best Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Edit your account details.

Change the Tracking setting from Simple to Complete.

If desired, edit your Preferences for Investments to not allow Simple Investing.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Sometimes a Quicken update switches one or more investing accounts to "Simple" mode. In Simple mode you will see a dashboard with 4 big squares instead of your investing transaction list.

To change back to Complete mode, open each affected account, click the gear at the top right, pick Edit account details, and select Complete in the Tracking Method box.

Then if you don't want to use Simple mode for any of your accounts and to help prevent this from happening again, go to Edit > Preferences > Investments and un-check the Enable Simple Investing box.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that on the home page? Try instead clicking on the account in the account bar on the left. If that isn't your issue then posting a picture of the “four quadrants” would be helpful.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• bernthals
    bernthals Member
    edited March 2023

I've attached a screen shot without the left hand account listing and the account info above. This is what I get when I click of the two problem accounts. The other accounts are just fine. Thanks for any help. [Edited - Personal Information]

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Edit your account details.

Change the Tracking setting from Simple to Complete.

If desired, edit your Preferences for Investments to not allow Simple Investing.

• Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓

Sometimes a Quicken update switches one or more investing accounts to "Simple" mode. In Simple mode you will see a dashboard with 4 big squares instead of your investing transaction list.

To change back to Complete mode, open each affected account, click the gear at the top right, pick Edit account details, and select Complete in the Tracking Method box.

Then if you don't want to use Simple mode for any of your accounts and to help prevent this from happening again, go to Edit > Preferences > Investments and un-check the Enable Simple Investing box.

• bernthals
    bernthals Member

Thank you. I did this and I have what I need. I have no idea why it just decided to change the setting on two accounts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

just following along….

How/where can I create that “Value over Time” graph for a specific account ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jim_Harman

One place would be on the Home tab Dashboard Net Worth panel. You can customize it to show just one account.

Or the old fashioned way would be Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Net Worth, select the date range and interval you want, and select just the account you want

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

yeah… I've done the Net Worth report/graph - it just looked a little different than the “Value over Time” display image …

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• HammoJ
    HammoJ Member ✭✭

My brokerage acct transaction register disapeared. Checked the settings, “Complete” has been selected. Maybe foolishly. I tried downloading transactions and got 279 from the brokerage acct, but still no transaction register. There is some kind of glitch with the downloaded transactions as the system won't allow me to “accept.”

This discussion has been closed.