Is there a quick way to delete old investment transactions?

Tplc1948
Tplc1948 Member
edited April 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I have multiple investment accounts with lots of historical data. Is there a quick way to delete old investment transactions to make the file smaller?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You can archive the historical data in your investing accounts, which helps to improve performance if an account has thousands of transactions. This will move the transactions for closed positions into an Archive account, which you can hide if you want.

To archive, click on the gear at the top right of the account and select Archive transactions. Read the directions carefully and always back up your data first, in case something goes wrong.

Generally it is a bad idea to delete investing transactions, because any transfers will affect other accounts.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

let's step back: why do you want to make the file smaller? what is the REAL problem you are experiencing?

• Tplc1948
    Tplc1948 Member

The file is big (74 mb) and is slow to respond

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh that is not a big file.

Do you have more than one investing account in your file? If so, are investing accounts with more transactions slower than those with fewer transactions?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

what is the age of your computer? how much RAM does it have. Which processor?

I agree that 74mb is not large (mine is over 250mg and my computer is less than a year old - Intel7 processor)

This discussion has been closed.