Successful Quick Pay payments listed as being processed

Is anyone having this issue: I have two successful Quick Pay payments that are still listed as being processed (one from 11 days ago and now one more from yesterday)? Quick Pay just does not seem to be working as well as it used to.

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If your bank (the one that runs your checking account) recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The bank no longer supports this function through Quicken.

You have these alternatives (in no particular order of preference):

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (at least 3 weeks before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and schedule your bill pay payments to be executed by the bank. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat every time another payment is due.
    3. Bypass Bill Manager. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. service to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (at least 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using a variation of method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and dial-up were even introduced. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

In an attempt to “provide better security from international hackers” the banks are closing the doors to data aggregators like Quicken and Intuit. There might also be a US government rule forcing them to do it.

So, thanks to that, Quick Pay from Quicken is headed towards early retirement. All the work the Quicken programmers put in to set this up … for the birds!
    You can still use the bank's bill pay system, thru the bank's website to make your payments.
    Or you can make the online billers, thru their websites, do the work for you and automatically debit your bills or credit card payments on due date from your checking account.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What bank are you using to send your Quick Pay payments to?
    Does that bank still support Direct Connect as the downloading method? Or have they recently made you change (reauthorize) and now only support Express Web Connect?
    In the latter case, thanks to the bank's change, Quick Pay is no longer available.

• Leon North
    Leon North Member ✭✭
    Well, it's The Bank of America and Wells Fargo. OK... American Express is also Express Web Connect+, but it's still working with them. Besides, it worked last month -- what has changed this month?
  • Leon North
    Leon North Member ✭✭
    And most importantly, what do I do now?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If your bank (the one that runs your checking account) recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The bank no longer supports this function through Quicken.

You have these alternatives (in no particular order of preference):

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (at least 3 weeks before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and schedule your bill pay payments to be executed by the bank. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat every time another payment is due.
    3. Bypass Bill Manager. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. service to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (at least 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using a variation of method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and dial-up were even introduced. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

• Leon North
    Leon North Member ✭✭
    My bank is one of those two that I listed, and it did recently require me to reauthorize my checking account. I'm wondering why is this happening? I really liked Quick Pay... I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread! Why change all that and, essentially, go back to the much less advanced system? Right? What am I missing?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

In an attempt to “provide better security from international hackers” the banks are closing the doors to data aggregators like Quicken and Intuit. There might also be a US government rule forcing them to do it.

So, thanks to that, Quick Pay from Quicken is headed towards early retirement. All the work the Quicken programmers put in to set this up … for the birds!
    You can still use the bank's bill pay system, thru the bank's website to make your payments.
    Or you can make the online billers, thru their websites, do the work for you and automatically debit your bills or credit card payments on due date from your checking account.

• Leon North
    Leon North Member ✭✭
    Thank you for this very insightful information! Last question: Why pay the Quicken subscription charges if they are, basically, unable to provide the kind of services that would warrant their hefty annual fees?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The answer to that is simple: TANSTAAFL

You want to be able to continue using Quicken, with support and enhancements? And maybe a few bug fixes thrown in for good measure?

• Leon North
    Leon North Member ✭✭
    Right, right, right... It's a bit too steep for that. Don't you think? My last year's fee was $120, and it still crashes almost every day.
This discussion has been closed.