How to stop automatic backups (& fully disconnect) Cloud?

Hello, This is for a PC. (not mobile or app)
I want Cloud to absolutely be disconnected and removed. No need for it. There isn't a way to stop the automatic backup, too.
No correct instruction anywhere in the website.

In a search on Quicken support, I get the following, and with a pic of One-Step-Update Settings page (the pic couldn't paste here). It is wrong. There isn't a box to check off with "Sync". Nothing there.
Please inform me how to delete cloud.

[from Quicken]Online Quicken Instruction reads:
If you would like to turn off the Cloud sync from your One Step Update, simply uncheck the box next to Sync to Quicken Cloud in the One Step Update Settings screen.

Thank you, Massachusetts
(This was originally posted under "Mobile". Don't know why.)
Massachusetts234Longtime Quicken user. Use only for Reports of totals of categories/expenses to enter in tax return purposes only. No other services.Windows 10 - PC only. (no mobile or app use)

Comments

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭

There will never be “no sync”!, and as Quicken will just tell you “like it or leave it”.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

so - do you use One Step Update to download any transactions ?
    You can turn off the Quicken Cloud, but Quicken still needs to contact its servers.
    Auto Backup - WHY would you ever want to turn this off with Quicken being somewhat fragile and file corruption happening.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

About turning off Sync to Cloud

The checkbox or slider button (depends on Quicken version) is in Edit / Preferences / Mobile & Web.

• massachusetts234
    massachusetts234 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    How to stop automatic backups (& fully disconnect) Cloud?
    Wow. Thanks to all of you for the replies. Will review one at a time.

To clarify, I don't need to access Cloud. I only download transactions from bank to Quicken program and don't use any other feature for online. I have never used Cloud through all the years. My concern is how it automatically backs up to Cloud. I like that it backs up to my PC files, which it seems to do also. (I don't need to be on the internet to open up my current program from my PC files. Unless somehow that is accessing the Internet, I don't know.)
    From there I reconcile and check the categories of transactions. I use this just to add up when completing Tax Returns.
    And I don't transfer anything from Quicken to my tax return software in any way. Nor vice versa.

Hope that clarifies a bit more my use of Quicken and needs.
    Massachusetts234Longtime Quicken user. Use only for Reports of totals of categories/expenses to enter in tax return purposes only. No other services.Windows 10 - PC only. (no mobile or app use)
  • > @TTSguy said:
    > There will never be “no sync”!, and as Quicken will just tell you “like it or leave it”.

It does seem that under Preferences for Sync that the option is offered (off or on). As we see in later comment, it is already turned off, which is now confusing that my program uses Cloud automatically. I have the ability to turn it on and did move the button successfully.
  • > @Ps56k2 said:
    > so - do you use One Step Update to download any transactions ?
    > You can turn off the Quicken Cloud, but Quicken still needs to contact its servers.
    > Auto Backup - WHY would you ever want to turn this off with Quicken being somewhat fragile and file corruption happening.

I forgot to mention.. The regular auto Backup is one backup. the auto Backup to Cloud is separate -- I forget but it appears on screen either when I start the program or when I shut it down. If I can find out specifically, I will post here. But it's a separate Backup and I don't request it at all, and I'm not asked if I want to backup or not. It occurs automatically and no button or cancel available.
  • > @UKR said:
    > About turning off Sync to Cloud
    >
    > The checkbox or slider button (depends on Quicken version) is in Edit / Preferences / Mobile & Web.

See the attached "synccapture" pic. As I wrote to TTS, my option was already in the "Off" position. So that's puzzling. But is there a Sync Preference option box in Windows PC as well? (Can't locate it, if there is the option.) This Sync option is under "Mobile and Web"?

I will try open and close my program now to see if the Backup auto to Cloud occurs. To follow...
  • Added note: I'm able to download transactions from the bank to a file in my computer. I then open up that file and it transfers into the Quicken program. I usually use One-Step, but this other option by-passes direct contact between Quicken and Bank. And thus it would not need the Cloud? Is that correct?
  • > @Ps56k2 said:
    .....Quicken being somewhat fragile and file corruption happening.

Yes, I do find that Quicken can miss small series of dates in downloading transactions directly from Bank to Quicken. I haven't thought if it might be a problem on the bank's side. But since it happens to occur with two completely different accounts from two different banks I have setup in Quicken, I do tend to think it's Quicken's error. (what are the chances that two separate banks have same problem? who knows.)
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

there is no backup to the Cloud - at least not to the Quicken Cloud -

What bank - ?
    and what “download protocol” is used…. as per Account List - Direct Connect or Express Web Connect ?

To clarify, I don't need to access Cloud. I only download transactions
    from bank to Quicken program and don't use any other feature for online.
    Added note: I'm able to download transactions from the bank to a file in my computer. I then open up that file and it transfers into the Quicken program. 
    I have never used Cloud through all the years. My concern is how it
    automatically backs up to Cloud

https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-cloud

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.