Error message when quitting Quicken

johnodrake
johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭

When I quit Quicken, I am receiving the followin message (I am only typing the first line, not the instructions following.)

“Your last online session was not completed. Do you want to try again before exiting?”

All of my online session was indeed completed. How do I make this message stop showing?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You might want to try doing the following. It might be a long shot but it resolved a similar issue for me this weekend after a recent Wells Fargo server issue prevented Quicken from making a connection with Wells Fargo during OSU.

1. Open Quicken and run OSU.
    2. Review the OSU Summary and look for an account that shows a transaction was downloaded.
    3. Go to that account's register. Is the new transaction shown there? If so, review and accept it.
    4. If the new transaction is not shown there, go to Tools > Online Center > select the account from the drop-down menu > click on Update Now.
    5. When Update Now completes, go to the account register. Is the new transaction now shown there? If so, review and accept it (or delete it if is it a duplicate).
    6. Close Quicken. Do you still get that popup message or not?
    7. If it still does appear, review the OSU Summary report, again, to see if there are any other accounts that show transaction downloads but which do not show up in the account register for review and acceptance.

Let me know what the results are.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

When you ran the last One Step Update, was there an error connecting to a bank or another type of download problem?
    One Step Update Summary should show you the problem.

I'd say, try OSU again. If the problem persists and can't be fixed, by all means, go ahead with shutting down without trying again.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭

this message comes EVERY time i start Quicken and every time i exit quicken even though OSU has successfully completed

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You might want to try doing the following. It might be a long shot but it resolved a similar issue for me this weekend after a recent Wells Fargo server issue prevented Quicken from making a connection with Wells Fargo during OSU.

1. Open Quicken and run OSU.
    2. Review the OSU Summary and look for an account that shows a transaction was downloaded.
    3. Go to that account's register. Is the new transaction shown there? If so, review and accept it.
    4. If the new transaction is not shown there, go to Tools > Online Center > select the account from the drop-down menu > click on Update Now.
    5. When Update Now completes, go to the account register. Is the new transaction now shown there? If so, review and accept it (or delete it if is it a duplicate).
    6. Close Quicken. Do you still get that popup message or not?
    7. If it still does appear, review the OSU Summary report, again, to see if there are any other accounts that show transaction downloads but which do not show up in the account register for review and acceptance.

Let me know what the results are.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭

the issue is resolved

This discussion has been closed.