Quicken freezes when adding files to transactions

amkm
amkm Member
Most of the times adding scanned PDF files, images or clipboard content to Quicken transactions causes Quicken to freeze with a flashing cloud-arrow icon (or sometimes without the icon). The only way out is to use the Windows task manger to close Quicken, then re-open Quicken to discover whether the file attached to the transaction or not.

Problem has been present for a long time, however, I didn't report it sooner because I don't have the time to be on the phone for hours to end up without a solution, but I reported this already twice (ticket number 9722915 and 10029023) and I am still waiting for a solution.

The calls to Quicken support agents and hours of troubleshooting failed to solve the problem.

This has been reported at least on another discussion but it is closed without a solution.

This is very annoying. How long do we have to wait for a solution?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @amkm ,

We are sorry about this problem with freezing when adding attachments. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

• Navigate to Edit
    • Preferences...
    • Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    • Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    • Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    • Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• amkm
    amkm Member

Hi Jared,

I followed all your instructions but didn't work as the problem continues to happen. This has been reported by various users long ago. Please find a solution.

Thank you

• jeanlucpare
    jeanlucpare Member ✭✭
    I turned Quicken mobile to off and it works good now. The trouble is there.
  • amkm
    amkm Member

Thank you jeanlucpare. I turned off the sync with the following steps but the problem persists:

Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > I turned off the option to sync (to view finances on the Quicken Mobile & Web apps).

Is this how you turned mobile off? You don't use mobile/web services? I do. Do you turn on and off the sync every time you need to attach documents?

Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.