Quicken freezes when adding files to transactions

Options
amkm
amkm Member
Most of the times adding scanned PDF files, images or clipboard content to Quicken transactions causes Quicken to freeze with a flashing cloud-arrow icon (or sometimes without the icon). The only way out is to use the Windows task manger to close Quicken, then re-open Quicken to discover whether the file attached to the transaction or not.

Problem has been present for a long time, however, I didn't report it sooner because I don't have the time to be on the phone for hours to end up without a solution, but I reported this already twice (ticket number 9722915 and 10029023) and I am still waiting for a solution.

The calls to Quicken support agents and hours of troubleshooting failed to solve the problem.

This has been reported at least on another discussion but it is closed without a solution.

This is very annoying. How long do we have to wait for a solution?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @amkm ,

We are sorry about this problem with freezing when adding attachments. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

• Navigate to Edit
    • Preferences...
    • Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    • Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    • Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    • Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• amkm
    amkm Member
    Options

Hi Jared,

I followed all your instructions but didn't work as the problem continues to happen. This has been reported by various users long ago. Please find a solution.

Thank you

• jeanlucpare
    jeanlucpare Member ✭✭
    Options
    I turned Quicken mobile to off and it works good now. The trouble is there.
  • amkm
    amkm Member
    Options

Thank you jeanlucpare. I turned off the sync with the following steps but the problem persists:

Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > I turned off the option to sync (to view finances on the Quicken Mobile & Web apps).

Is this how you turned mobile off? You don't use mobile/web services? I do. Do you turn on and off the sync every time you need to attach documents?

Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.