Fidelity Rewards VISA

SueBee
SueBee Member ✭✭
My Fidelity Rewards VISA stopped downloading cents on Dec 12, 2022. I called in late Dec and after the representative checked out my Quicken, she told me this was an issue they were aware of and were working on, with no completion date. After nearly 3 months it seems it should be resolved. Does anyone have a resolution for this? Thank you

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

You might want to read the following thread on this. And you might want to also consider changing your OSU setup from Fidelity Rewards Credit Card to Elan Financial Services….there's quite a bit about this in this thread. (There are also quite a few other threads about download issues with the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card setup and for the most part they all point in the same direction…change the setup to Elan Financial Services.)

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20324363#Comment_20324363

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

You might want to read the following thread on this. And you might want to also consider changing your OSU setup from Fidelity Rewards Credit Card to Elan Financial Services….there's quite a bit about this in this thread. (There are also quite a few other threads about download issues with the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card setup and for the most part they all point in the same direction…change the setup to Elan Financial Services.)

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20324363#Comment_20324363

• SueBee
    SueBee Member ✭✭

Thanks so much for the info. Now to determine how to make the change to Elan and hope it works.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2023

Sorry, I see that the thread link I had posted yesterday did not work properly. I have edited my previous post and entered the URL for it. Copy and paste that URL into your browser to see the thread. Scroll down the thread to my Feb 10 post and it talks about where you can set up your online account with Elan Financial Services and how to make the switch in Quicken from Fidelity Rewards Credit Card to Elan.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues.

• SueBee
    SueBee Member ✭✭

Thank you for the guidance. I was able to use my Fidelity Rewards login credentials to login to Elan. Unfortunately, after changing over and downloading directly from Elan the cents are still not showing. If I understand correctly, some have created a new account in Quicken and resolved it that way.

• Boatnmaniac

Well, that certainly would be an option worth pursuing. If you try doing that let me know how it worked out for you. If it shows the cents in the Online Balance then you would have a choice to make:

1. Close (not delete) the Fidelity Rewards account. You will retain the history for reports and budgeting, etc. If you go this route you will want to delete any transactions in it that are duplicated in the new Elan Financial account because of dates overlap. Or…
    2. Move the transactions in the Fidelity Rewards account into the Elan Financial account. Then delete the Fidelity Rewards account. If you want to go this route and would like some assistance on the process let me know.

• SueBee
    SueBee Member ✭✭

Unfortunately that didn't give me the cents either, but I am now connecting through Elan, so purhaps at some point Quicken will get it fixed! Not sure what to do at this point other than manually reconciling after each download. Certainly not an ideal solution, but is a workaround. Thanks for all your suggestions.

• SueBee
    SueBee Member ✭✭

Well, this is interesting! I downloaded my transactions today and the cents are there; they were not there yesterday when I made the change. I can only hope it stays that way. Thank you for your help.

• Boatnmaniac

That happened with me in a TEST file last Dec when I set up accounts with both Fidelity Rewards CC and Elan Financial Services. They both set up with the cents dropped but the next day the Elan setup showed the cents. I have not heard of this happening with others so I had just chalked it up to a fluke but now it makes me think something else might be a play that caused that.

FYI, I run OSU on that TEST file every 2-3 days and the Elan account in Quicken has always shown the cents in the Online Balance…except for that 1st day. I also use the Elan Financial setup in my primary data file and have for the last 2-1/2 years and it generally is problem-free. So, I think you will find it to reliably function well for you, too.

This discussion has been closed.