Why am I suddenly missing holdings in my Fidelity IRA account?

richie5665
richie5665 Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Investing (Windows)
All of a sudden, Quicken is missing holdings in my Fidelity IRA account after updating transactions. Note that I was recently updated to R48.9. So, how do I correct it?

I never had a problem with Fidelity and Quicken before.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

When you say "missing holdings", what exactly is happening?

Has the Transaction List (register) been replaced by a dashboard with 4 big squares, or if you click on the Holdings button are some or all of the securites in the account missing, or is it something else?

QWin Premier subscription
  • richie5665
    richie5665 Member ✭✭
    When I display holdings, there are missing positions (lines that should have a security name, but are simply not there). The two positions missing happen to be bonds. For example, imagine your account is holding four positions in stocks A, B, C, and D. Now imagine B and C are simply not there. However, when you login to your account on the web, they are clearly visible.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, thanks for clarifying.

In the Holdings view, if you change the As of date to go back in time, is there a date when the missing securities reappear? If so, are there any transactions - Sold, Removed, or a Placeholder for example, that would remove them from your account?

Did the bonds mature?

Have the missing securities been replaced by something else - cash or different securities for example?

If you go to Edit > Preferences > Investing, is the Show hidden transactions box checked? A hidden Placeholder might explain the disappearance.

QWin Premier subscription
  • richie5665
    richie5665 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for staying with me on this Jim. I just went through the account transactions on line, and compared it to the transactions in Quicken. Apparently, the problem is that the buy transactions for the bonds did not get downloaded from Fidelity to Quicken in the update process. I've never seen anything like this before in Quicken. All the other transactions seem to have been downloaded correctly. I suppose I could try to enter those "buys" manually, but I generally don't like to mess with that. So, there's either a bug somewhere, or maybe a corrupted file.
This discussion has been closed.