How do I edit Institution for my credit card if no option shown to deactivate services?

I got an email from Quicken that Amex was updating their connection setup and I needed to reauthorize by starting an update and following the prompts. Online update was working fine last time I did it a few weeks ago - this time, it went off the rails - Quicken signed in to Chase and downloaded a single charge from one of my Chase cards to my Amex account! Went to Edit Account Details" somehow, the institution now shows as Chase, not American Express. Looking at Quicken's instructions on how to do the updated connection processes, it said "don't deactivate during this process". I think I hit probably hit reset for the Amex card instead.

So now the only option Quicken offers me for online services for the Amex card is to set up a connection with Chase, because Quicken for unknown reasons changed to institution for the card from American Express to Chase. And after reviewing Help, I see that I can't edit the financial institution unless I can deactivate online services. But Quicken isn't giving me that option! The only thing it offers is Online Setup - with Chase.

Help please?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Do you have a recent backup file you can restore (prior to attempting to reauthorized Amex) to see if the issue does not exist with it and to try reauthorizing Amex, again?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Do you have a recent backup file you can restore (prior to attempting to reauthorized Amex) to see if the issue does not exist with it and to try reauthorizing Amex, again?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Thank you. That worked! Thank goodness I had backed up a few weeks ago right before we went on vacation, and hadn't made many entries since getting back.
This discussion has been closed.