Quicken Blank Password Screen

This discussion was created from comments split from: Blank Screen Requesting Password.

Comments

• micoman
    micoman Member ✭✭

I have very similar problem… The blank password screen is approx 4" x4". My sequence is double click Quicken to start up, and the normal password box opens and I enter the password and push enter. Then I get a spinning circle for anywhere from 3 minutes to 20 minutes, then that 4 inch square empty password block appears. I keep closing the box and eventually my normal Quicken screen appears. This started Sunday evening after updating to release 48.9. I have spent most of today restoring old saved data files, doing a Scan of my Windows 10 files (SFC), doing quicken scans of data sets for verification, and eventually downloading Quicken again. Same problem except the 4 inch password box does not come up, but I still wait several minutes for my data after entering my normal password. I guess my only simple solution is to leave Quicken up once it comes up. Once up, it works normally. Dissappointed as I just paid $64 for annual renewal last week as well.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Your situation is different from @Anita57 's issue. An Alert has been posted about the problem you are experiencing: NEW! 3/21/23 QWin Blank Screen When Opening Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• micoman
    micoman Member ✭✭

Happy to know they are aware of this problem and are working on it. Just to add a bit more that may save someone some additional frustration, I got impatient waiting for Quicken, and finding there was no cancelling or exiting other than pulling the plug (or holding the power button for 5 seconds), my system would not reboot. I had to run the diagnostics, then the Win10 would boot. This happened twice.

So my advice is just wait until Quicken comes up… do not try to cancel or escape.

This discussion has been closed.