Are there problems with Quicken Reports

Options

I am searching for some old expenses. When I run an old tax report and use the correct date range, they do not show up. But when I search under the Payee name, they do. In both cases the Quicken Category is identical. But the items do not show up in the old report.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @PeterCampy,

This is likely being caused because for a "saved report" (i.e. your "old tax report") the date settings actually are not "the correct date range". When the saved report has a Custom Date Range, you need to reset both the beginning date and the end date to have it pickup . To fix it, simply reset the beginning and ending dates.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• PeterCampy
    PeterCampy Member
    Options

Yes, of course I changed the year in both the beginning and ending date range. I think the latest update is buggy.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sometimes old saved reports get corrupted or somehow damaged over time. Or maybe newer releases don't read old report data correctly. We don't know the cause.

The solution is generally to re-create the report from scratch, starting with a native built-in Quicken report and customizing it to your needs. Then save it again once it looks right.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.