New Citibank Erorr CC-502 explanation??

Options
ronmarr
ronmarr Member ✭✭
For several days have not been able to download Citibank cards resulting in the familiar Known Issue: Error CC-501 With Citibank & Citicards. Today the Error comes with a new explanation: "Due to high traffic levels, Citibank and Citicard are limiting traffic to Quicken. This typically occurs in the morning hours, and resolves later in the day. If you receive this error with Citi, we recommend you try updating your accounts later in the day." Anyone else getting this new explanation? I've tried to download at Midnight and get this error.

Comments

• Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue with Citibank generating a CC-502 error. This is not uncommon but usually resolves within a few days. Most other discussions are already closed. Please advise the current status as of 27 Mar 2023.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

For Citibank credit cards: Why not change the connection method from "Citibank" to "Citi Cards"? Citi Cards will be set up with Direct Connect so it will not get this (or any) CC-XXX error code. I have never gotten this message with my Citi Cards connection. And historically the Citi Cards DC connection is much faster and much more reliable than the Citibank EWC connection.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have 2 Citi Card accounts. One is set up using Direct Connect and the other with issues, EWC. No option appears to change to Citi Cards. I even tried changing the bank but it still defaults to Citibank. I finally deactivated and reactivated the account and finally generated a download. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

The Citibank card account must first be deactivated. Then go to Add Account and actually type in "Citi Cards" and then click on Next and follow the prompts. Do not click on the "Citi" button because that will connect you to Citibank, not Citi Cards.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.