One Step Update takes almost 20 minutes. No errors

CaptBear
CaptBear Member

All of a sudden beginning 3-4 days ago the One Step Update on my Windows 11 Quicken Subscription program will take up to 20 minutes, or even more, to complete only 4 account updates. No error messages are produced.

Comments

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Interesting. Was just looking for this.

Quicken claimed 2 updates back that OSU speed would be improved. It is the opposite. This is in Windows based, for me.

Mine does not take 20 minutes. But what once took under a minutee now takes several miniutes. Every time. Something is wrong even when performaing better than it does for you Capt.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

Mine takes about the same as it always has on the first update of the day, about 3 minutes. Most of this time is for Chase with Express Web Connect +. I have a checking account, 2 credit card accounts, 3 investment accounts on one login, and 2 more investment accounts on a different login.

Note that for Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect + the logging is in Help → Contact Support → Log Files → Cloud Sync Log. But be warned, this is only the logging between Quicken (the program) and the Quicken dataset (Sync). It doesn't have anything for the communication between the Quicken server and the Intuit server or from the Intuit it server and the financial institution. But one thing it might help with is "timeouts". The last time this process was taking a very long time for some users it was actually timing out. The timeout is about 5 minutes, and can happen multiple times depending on how many logins/accounts you have.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Pat Marshall
    Pat Marshall Member ✭✭✭

Last several days takes 10 minutes or so. Before it was done in 1-2 minutes. Not all are successful, and some require reset or won't work at all. About a month ago it quit working entirely, but Quicken fixed it all in a couple of days and things were great until now.

• CaptBear
    CaptBear Member

Quicken must gave done something… everything is back to normal now.

• DanDill
    DanDill Member

Just now, in Windows 11, the update takes about 5 minutes. The same number of accounts used to take less than a minute.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

If you are comparing downloading with Direct Connect in comparison to Express Web Connect +, forget it, those times are never coming back.

If you are comparing Express Web Connect + times in the past to Express Web Connect + times now, then that is the problem that this thread is talking about. Note that with Express Web Connect + for every error it encounters there is usually a 5 minute time out that is causing such long delays.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.