R48.15 Quicken for Windows all Reports missing Amount column

Options
Mike Frohling
Mike Frohling Member
edited May 2023 in Reports (Windows)

Today, when I open any report that has a drill down feature, such as in the Comparison reports, the Amount column is gone. This has happened even in my customized reports.

For example, if I select Current Spending vs Average Spending by Category, it opens the report with my totals by Category. But if I drill down into an item to see the details, the subsequent report opens with Category details but the Amount column is missing. This has happened on all reports. Yes, I know that I can use the gear icon to add the missing Amount column, but if I save the report it will be saved in the drilled down status. Not what I want.

Something has happened to cause this issue.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Sometimes the internals of Quicken change in a way that affects reports. Are you seeing this problem with unmodified built-in reports, or with reports that you have customized and saved? If it is a customized report, try recreating it starting with one of the standard reports.

Another thing to try is to click on the Reset Columns button on the report customization Display tab. I think this affects all reports, not just the one that is currently open.

Please let us know what you find.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Sometimes the internals of Quicken change in a way that affects reports. Are you seeing this problem with unmodified built-in reports, or with reports that you have customized and saved? If it is a customized report, try recreating it starting with one of the standard reports.

Another thing to try is to click on the Reset Columns button on the report customization Display tab. I think this affects all reports, not just the one that is currently open.

Please let us know what you find.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Mike Frohling
    Options

Jim, thank you for responding.

The missing Amoung column issue was on all reports — unmodified built-in and customized/saved. Your recommendation of using the Reset Columns button seems to have worked. I can now see the Amount column in all reports and I only had to do the Reset Columns button one time for an across the board fix.

I really appreciate your response.

• Inhops
    Inhops Member
    Options

The Reset Columns trick worked for me. I have been having this problem for quite a while where the standard/built-in reports (Easy Answer: How Much Did I Spend On & How Much Did I Pay To as well as Reports—>Banking—>Transaction & others) are missing the Amounts column (the total is there but not the amount for each line item). I clicked on the Reset Columns button on one of my custom reports and the standard reports are now fixed. Very Strange!!!

This discussion has been closed.