Can I move my cursor from the right to left?

Options

My cursor has always been left justified, but I hit a wrong key and switched it over to the right. I searched and saw an earlier solution which said to right click and an option to change this would appear in the drop down menu, but I've tried that and I don't see that choice anymore. Also could not find a way to change it in the edit/preferences tab. It's not the worst thing in the world, but would like to change it back.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You may have seen this comment:

Register - when entering new data entry flipped right-to-left

While in a Quicken banking account register with a register transaction selected (e.g., cursor blinks on a Date field), move the mouse pointer somewhere inside the register and press the Windows Application Key aka Windows Menu Key. On a desktop keyboard it is usually located immediately to the left of the right CTRL key. Not all keyboards have this key, some laptops may not have it. The key looks like a rectangular box with a few lines in it and may also have a mouse pointer arrow.

If you don't have this key, press SHIFT+F10 instead.

This should open a popup window with an option "Right-to-left reading order". Click it to uncheck it and everything should be back to normal.

This works for me, but please note that I'm still on Windows 8.1 …
    You must be in Quicken in a banking register, with a transaction selected.

If it doesn't work under the same condition in Windows 10 or 11, please google " windows right to left reading order". There are several responses with several different keystroke resolutions. Try and see which one gets you back to normal.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your cursor? Is this when you are entering text? Numbers? I have never seen a setting for that in QWin.

QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You may have seen this comment:

Register - when entering new data entry flipped right-to-left

While in a Quicken banking account register with a register transaction selected (e.g., cursor blinks on a Date field), move the mouse pointer somewhere inside the register and press the Windows Application Key aka Windows Menu Key. On a desktop keyboard it is usually located immediately to the left of the right CTRL key. Not all keyboards have this key, some laptops may not have it. The key looks like a rectangular box with a few lines in it and may also have a mouse pointer arrow.

If you don't have this key, press SHIFT+F10 instead.

This should open a popup window with an option "Right-to-left reading order". Click it to uncheck it and everything should be back to normal.

This works for me, but please note that I'm still on Windows 8.1 …
    You must be in Quicken in a banking register, with a transaction selected.

If it doesn't work under the same condition in Windows 10 or 11, please google " windows right to left reading order". There are several responses with several different keystroke resolutions. Try and see which one gets you back to normal.

• JimPeteOP
    JimPeteOP Member
    Options

Yes! The Windows Menu Key brought up that menu that you are showing. Everything now back to regular order. Thank you.

I am on version R48.15, more or less the latest version for Windows 10 Home.

This discussion has been closed.