Report Account Selections Not Saved as Default Accounts

Options
DaveQN
DaveQN Member
edited May 2023 in Reports (Windows)

For several years and many versions of Quicken when I create a Tax Summary report, Customize Accounts, Save the report all is fine. But if I then create a new Tax Summary Report again and look at customize accounts, incorrect default checked accounts appear forcing me again to select and deselect the accounts. I don't know why some very old accounts are checked and other newer are not. If I clear the checked accounts, close the report, and open a new report again and customize accounts, the same incorrect checked accounts appear.

Is there a way to save current account selections as default when starting a new report?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you save a report, the customizations are saved with that copy of the report. They do not affect the built-in report. This is by design, so that the built-in reports are always starting from a known group of settings.

If you want to create your own template, you can make the modifications you want and save the report. To make a report with that a the starting point, open the template you saved, modify it as desired, change the name, and save it using the Save copy button.

Is that what you are looking for?

QWin Premier subscription
  • DaveQN
    DaveQN Member
    Options

Thanks Jim, that's exactly what I was looking for! I then added the new saved template to my toolbar for quick access.

This discussion has been closed.