Reauthorize American Express

suepfister
suepfister Member ✭✭✭
This is still a problem. I am unable to reauthorize my AmEx account in Quicken. While the Amex reauthorization process itself is successful, when I return to Quicken it takes me to the Add Account page, where it shows the credit card account as a Checking account type and the Link to Existing drop down contains 5 accounts that are hidden or are Investing accounts, defaulting to a hidden account. If I choose the Don't add to Quicken option and click Next, it just unhides the default hidden Account. How the heck am I supposed to get this account reauthorized without adding a new account that doesn't contain all my historical data? I can no longer download from Amex, this is very troublesome.

Comments

• roachs
    roachs Member

I have the exact same problem

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭

This morning this is now happening to me. I have 2 Amex credit cards, it says I need to reauthorize. I do that thru the window that comes up, Amex says successful. But when it flips back to quicken is says it failed.

• RickNY
    RickNY Member ✭✭
    I'm also stuck with this.. Got message that my 3 Amex accounts needed to be reauthorized.. Web browser reports success, but Quicken says it failed due to a connection or timeout error.
  • DiverDownBrian
    DiverDownBrian Member ✭✭
    +1 ... same here
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

And same for me. MANY threads on this one it seems.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭

I just tried again, and it worked for me. I did the reauthorize through Account Settings/Reset Account. I did try that this morning, and it failed that way too. But now it seems to be working; try it out!

• suepfister
    suepfister Member ✭✭✭
    I just tried again and it's the same problem. When I click Reauthorize (or Reset Account), it goes to the Add Account page, with a sign in button. I click sign in which goes to the Amex page where I login, I choose the account and click Authorize. It tells me it was successful and has a Return to Quicken button, which I click. It does not take me back to Quicken, it just changes to a page that says my account was successfully authorized and to close the window to return to Quicken. When I return to Quicken, I'm on the Add Account page which doesn't allow me to link to the existing account, it is not shown and the account type is incorrect.
  • tjkntw43
    tjkntw43 Member

Having a similar problem. I can authorize my crdit card accounts but it can't find my loan account.I was advised to go to a new quicken but the same problem occured. Frustrating

• RickNY
    RickNY Member ✭✭
    I just received an email from Quicken saying my AMEX accounts changed their connection method and needed to be reauthorized.. I tried this again at 2:45 PM EDT, and was successful this time.
This discussion has been closed.