How to correct balances resulting from crosslinked downloads

Options

After being prompted by my bank to update download accounts I noticed a checking and a savings account were trans-linked - the downloaded transactions for checking were in savings and vice versa. I paused downloading and manually entered the unaccepted transactions in each account - marking them cleared. Meanwhile, there was another request to update accounts which I did.

Then I deleted the unaccepted transactions in the download dialog. I hoped things would be OK on the next download. The transactions downloaded to the proper accounts but now the balances are way off. Should I just adjust the balances manually? I need to do something before the end of the month.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The best coarse of action is to restore the data file to just prior to the crossed accounts. Then you can redo the bank update and pay close attention when linking the accounts to the correct ones.

• jo.4tuna
    jo.4tuna Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. That is best, of course, but I could not do that without countless hours of effort. I had checked the accounts before linking. I solved the problem by making manual balance adjustments and checking cleared transactions online.

This discussion has been closed.