Bank of America Credit Card Download not working correctly

Options
After many problems with trx downloads over several accounts, I updated to current release of Quicken and refreshed my account download setups and things seemed to settle down and work as expected. However, my B of A credit card download, while appearing to work, has been doing incomplete downloads...downloading some but not all of the available transactions. This download is EWC+ and has been deactivated/reactivated and been through the approval on bank site and all that but still does not download all available transactions. Apparently it has been doing this for some time, even before the switch to EWC+ as my Quicken account and the B of A account are significantly out of balance. Shame on me for not noticing this earlier but I have used Q for many years with no download problems until the recent few months where download problemss became an ongoing issue. Right now, B of A seems to be the only problem.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you compare the downloaded transactions in Quicken to those on the BoA website, is there anything special about those that were not downloaded? Are they the newest ones for example, or are they listed as pending?

I have found that if I download in the evening, the Online Balance downloaded from BoA includes transactions that are pending and will not download until the next morning. This causes the automatic reconciliation to fail. If I click on Finish later on the Reconcile screen, the reconciliation goes OK the next morning.

Does this match what you are seeing?

QWin Premier subscription
  • crossle86
    crossle86 Member ✭✭
    Options
    No. I waited until all pending trx had posted to the account before raising the alarm. Just to be clear, which screen is the reconcile screen? I don't automatically add to register, I manually look over and accept trx. Is that the reconcile screen?
  • crossle86
    crossle86 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ok, found the reconcile screen (never had to use it before). It shows trx I entered manually to match the bank stmt as not reconciled. But they are on the bank trx list and entered exactly manually, so it should reconcile but does not. Now even after entering manual trx to get the correct balance, I am still off by quite a bit.
  • crossle86
    crossle86 Member ✭✭
    Options
    So this account has apparently had problems in the past leading to incorrect balance. I'm not finding an explanation yet. But my more immediate issue is I look at the bank see new trx available to download, I download, but Q only downloads some of the available trx. This has happened twice in the last week or so as since this problem started I watch the bank and when new trx are available I download to see what Q does.
  • James Clark
    James Clark Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having the same issue with BOA CC's. Manually from the bank site, the File downloads, but it is incomplete, only some of the activity (Not pending) is downloaded missing about a week of activity. Tried reactivating the account, that fails.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What method are you using to download the transactions from BoA? Do you do it manually from the BoA website, or do you use Quicken to initiate the download using One Step Update (OSU) or Update Now?

I am using OSU.

QWin Premier subscription
  • crossle86
    crossle86 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I normally use Update Now. OSU and Update now one would think would use the same download code...but I have seen OSU behave differently than Update Now with investment accounts. I will try OSU and see if there is a difference.
  • crossle86
    crossle86 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am still having problems with trx download from B of A. There are trx waiting but Q downloads nothing.
  • zephyr9012000
    zephyr9012000 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Last couple of days, starting on 5/17/23 BOA update now is again including pending debits in the balance causing automatic reconciliation to fail. This problem was occurring last November .
  • crossle86
    crossle86 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am still having problems with BofA cc trx not downloading. This problem seems to have spread to my Barclays accounts as well. So I contacted Quicken support on this and they had me do a procedure involving copying the file. This action dropped ALL of my downloads (20 accounts) so I went back to my backup and BofA still not working.