Exporting report data to an Excel spreadsheet - how to get "date" on each transaction ?

markstehm
markstehm Member
edited May 2023 in Reports (Windows)

When I export data from a report to Excel, I often have multiple entries per date. The date appears only on the first entry. I want the date repeted on for every item so that I can do my own sorting and summarizing. Is there any way to make the exported version of the report export everything as data rather than as a report with all the report formating?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
  • markstehm
    markstehm Member
    Answer ✓

Jim_Harman - This method and it's related comments tells me that this is a known problem and the proposed workaround is truly clumsy, as you said. That solution works OK for large blocks, but if you have a couple hundred rows with many occurences of "data follwed by 2-3 blanks", "data follwed by 2-3 blanks", etc, then it is easier to just do Select and then Ctrl and drag.

Thanks for the help. It's not the answer I hoped for, but at least now I will stop wasting time looking for a Quicken solution.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The .csv option is in the report's Print dialog.

Every report has this, but sad to say, Splits don't get the date on each line.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
  • Rocket J Squirrel

Export to a .csv or .txt file and each line should contain the date.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• markstehm
    markstehm Member

There is no .csv option and .txt does not repeat the dates as desired.

• markstehm
    markstehm Member
    Answer ✓

Jim_Harman - This method and it's related comments tells me that this is a known problem and the proposed workaround is truly clumsy, as you said. That solution works OK for large blocks, but if you have a couple hundred rows with many occurences of "data follwed by 2-3 blanks", "data follwed by 2-3 blanks", etc, then it is easier to just do Select and then Ctrl and drag.

Thanks for the help. It's not the answer I hoped for, but at least now I will stop wasting time looking for a Quicken solution.

• Rocket J Squirrel

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Answer ✓

The .csv option is in the report's Print dialog.

Every report has this, but sad to say, Splits don't get the date on each line.

• markstehm
    markstehm Member

OK, so I found that option, but Splits are the biggest problem so this option won't solve the entire problem.

Thanks for the follow-up.

This discussion has been closed.