Do the graphs on Planning / Budgets tab support accounts marked as "separate"?

Options
I have entered budgets by category and now am tracking actuals vs budgets using the Planning tab, Budgets sub tab. All is working well - except for the actual activity in the "separate" accounts. This seems to be true for the Graph views (all versions), as well as the Annual views (all versions). I have gone in to the Select Accounts under the Budget Options drop down and ensured that not only are the normal account selected but also the "separate" accounts. But regardless, I am only seeing actuals being reported from activity in the normal accounts and not being reported from the activity in the "separate" accounts.

Is there any way to correct this?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Forum Moderators sometimes review issues discussed here and refer them to Development, but if you want Quicken to work on a problem, I recommend you contact Support via phone.  Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You should also use the Help > Report a Problem menu in Quicken to submit the issue online. In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible.

It is clear Quicken should not work this way, but be sure to explain why this issue is important to you, i.e. why you need to include Separate accounts in your budget. Most people mark accounts as Separate because they do not want them to be included by default in Tax reports, net worth, etc. Also explain why you can't temporarily mark them as not separate when you are looking at your budget (Do you have a lot of Separate accounts for some reason?).

Reference the ticket number and provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. 

Updates on problems that Quicken has acknowledged are posted here

https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

Quicken never says when a problem is expected to be resolved.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Options

I looked at the actuals in the budget table and it appears that transactions in Separate accounts are not included if I go to Budget Actions > Select accounts and include the Separate accounts in the budget.

If I temporarily un-check the Separate box for the account, the transactions are included.

This appears to be a bug.

• Walter Elmore
    Walter Elmore Member ✭✭
    Options
    Agree with your assessment. It mirrors my experience. I do think this is a bug.

Any view on how to get his acknowledged and into Quicken's development team?
  • Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    Options

Forum Moderators sometimes review issues discussed here and refer them to Development, but if you want Quicken to work on a problem, I recommend you contact Support via phone.  Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You should also use the Help > Report a Problem menu in Quicken to submit the issue online. In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible.

It is clear Quicken should not work this way, but be sure to explain why this issue is important to you, i.e. why you need to include Separate accounts in your budget. Most people mark accounts as Separate because they do not want them to be included by default in Tax reports, net worth, etc. Also explain why you can't temporarily mark them as not separate when you are looking at your budget (Do you have a lot of Separate accounts for some reason?).

Reference the ticket number and provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. 

Updates on problems that Quicken has acknowledged are posted here

https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

Quicken never says when a problem is expected to be resolved.

This discussion has been closed.