Net worth comparison report?

Options
jefferyn
jefferyn Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Reports (Mac)
"Net worth by year" report shows values with 2 dates
"comparison reports" show differences between values, along with the values at 2 dates.
but Q shows comparison reports for categories and payees. don't see one for net worth.

and i don't see a way to combine these in my version of quicken.

does anyone have any suggestions about how to do this?

i found similar question in this post:
"How do I create a report the shows the difference between account balances"
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20091325#Comment_20091325

however, the reply answered a different question and there was no follow up.

thank you for any suggestions!
jeffery

my quicken: Version 6.12.5
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Comparison reports are for income & expenses; the Net Worth reports are for account values. You can set the Interval on the Net Worth report to Year, but also Half Year, Quarter, Month, Half Month, Two Weeks, and Week. So if you want to see your Net Worth over the last 4 quarters, set Interval to Quarter and set the date range to 4/1/22-3/31/23.

If you want to compare two arbitrary dates, there's no way to do that in Quicken Mac. You could get there with a spreadsheet, though. Do a Net Worth report for one date, export it, change the date to the other date, export it, open the two CSV files in your spreadsheet of choice, and copy and paste the values from one into a new column in the other.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Comparison reports are for income & expenses; the Net Worth reports are for account values. You can set the Interval on the Net Worth report to Year, but also Half Year, Quarter, Month, Half Month, Two Weeks, and Week. So if you want to see your Net Worth over the last 4 quarters, set Interval to Quarter and set the date range to 4/1/22-3/31/23.

If you want to compare two arbitrary dates, there's no way to do that in Quicken Mac. You could get there with a spreadsheet, though. Do a Net Worth report for one date, export it, change the date to the other date, export it, open the two CSV files in your spreadsheet of choice, and copy and paste the values from one into a new column in the other.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jefferyn
    jefferyn Member ✭✭
    Options
    thank you jacobs!

you answer the question, that quicken can't do it.

sure, i know i can export and use openoffice to create my own comparison report. but that kind of defeats the purpose of using quicken to keep track and gain insights... i switched from spreadsheets to quicken around 1997... it seems a rather fundamental and basic question when looking the list of account balances from 2 different dates, see the difference in account balances between 2 different dates at a glance... i suppose the next step is to submit this as a feature request.

thank you again!
    jeffery
This discussion has been closed.