Scheduled Transaction Group dropping transactions

shop@stanley
shop@stanley Member ✭✭

I have a group that inputs monthly bills into my registry using transaction group. I've had to recreate this group 3 times (each month). I went into the group today which should have about 15 transactions, and there is only 1 in the group. I have used this action for years. I need to know how to stop this from removing my transaction. If I have to create this each month I'm sure I'll miss one or more bills.

Answers

• shop@stanley
    shop@stanley Member ✭✭
    I have noticed that many others are having the same issue. It appears to be an issue with one or more of your updates
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @shop@stanley are the dropped transactions missing from the Memorized Payee list or are the transactions just untagged from the scheduled transaction group?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• shop@stanley
    shop@stanley Member ✭✭
    Untagged from group. I have to edit the group and re-tag them. Out of 20 that were added to the group. Only one is currently checked. I have had to add them the last 2 months so I could enter the bills.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @shop@stanley

Thank you for the response and clarification of the issue you are experiencing.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • shop@stanley
    shop@stanley Member ✭✭
    Summary: Quicken repaired 1 accounts. No action required.
    QEL: No read errors.
    QEL: All internal consistency checks passed.
    Quicken repaired damaged transaction index. No action required.
    (The following statement is repeated 21 times
    Quicken found an invalid transaction and removed it. "ACCT_901059" 0/ 0/1900
    Quicken repaired some transaction information. No action required.
    "ACCT_901059" 0/ 0/1900
  • thg
    thg Member ✭✭
    I too have the same problem, transaction groups unchecking memorized transactions every month. I have a quicken subscription and have been a quicken user since the early 80s (Dos v1.0) and a beta tester through Q95. During the past couple of years it has become more and more buggy. BTW: validating my file; deleting and reentering new groups of transactions; nothing helps. This is a recent bug that the software engineers at Quicken really need to fix. There are just too many users experiencing this problem!
  • shop@stanley
    shop@stanley Member ✭✭
    This problems needs to be accepted and corrected. For years it has been a good tool to be used to add my new monthly bills. Now, it takes me longer and I have to check and double check to find which bills have been entered and which ones are missing. Last month I missed a $160. bill that caused issues on my budget. As much as I hate to, I have to start looking for a new tools for my finances.
  • thg
    thg Member ✭✭
    > @"shop@stanley" said:
    > This problems needs to be accepted and corrected. For years it has been a good tool to be used to add my new monthly bills. Now, it takes me longer and I have to check and double check to find which bills have been entered and which ones are missing. Last month I missed a $160. bill that caused issues on my budget. As much as I hate to, I have to start looking for a new tools for my finances.

Yes, after nearly 4 decades of loyal use, I too have begun searching for alternate software. I am hopeful I will find a new package that can import all the data I have on Quicken.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @shop@stanley and @thg if losing memorized payees from transaction groups is the only issue you are having, have you considered switching to Reminders? You would have to spend time setting up the Reminders, but once set up, they could be automatically entered into account registers each month. It may actually end up being less work for you than the transaction groups. 

In my QW2017, I only use transaction groups for investment transactions. All non investment transactions are via Reminders. I, too, enter my Reminders 30 to 60 days in advance so I can see the impact to my balances and plan my cash flow. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• thg
    thg Member ✭✭
    > @shop@stanley said:
    > This problems needs to be accepted and corrected. For years it has been a good tool to be used to add my new monthly bills. Now, it takes me longer and I have to check and double check to find which bills have been entered and which ones are missing. Last month I missed a $160. bill that caused issues on my budget. As much as I hate to, I have to start looking for a new tools for my finances.

Yes, after nearly 4 decades of loyal use, I too have begun searching for alternate software. I am hopeful I will find a new package that can import all the data I have on Quicken.
  • steve87@
    steve87@ Member ✭✭
    This problem has actually been going on for years. I reported it about 10 years ago and stopped using Transaction Groups then. I was thinking about making use of them again. No thanks. If anyone from Quicken is listening, I have a suggestion: make Transaction Groups just a grouping of Reminders that occur on the same day/date. So, the process would be (1) create a Reminder, (2) right click on the Reminder and (3) select "add to transaction group", which would include the ability to create a new transaction group. The reminders would show up in the reminder list highlighted or grouped under the transaction group name. Editing the reminder would edit the transaction in the group. (There would need to be a "Remove from transaction group" as well so a grouped transaction could be moved to a different date if necessary. If you want to be really thorough, there could be "move to another transaction group" as well which would do a delete and an add automatically.)
  • steve87@
    steve87@ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    > @thg said:
    > > @shop@stanley said:
    > > This problems needs to be accepted and corrected. For years it has been a good tool to be used to add my new monthly bills. Now, it takes me longer and I have to check and double check to find which bills have been entered and which ones are missing. Last month I missed a $160. bill that caused issues on my budget. As much as I hate to, I have to start looking for a new tools for my finances.
    >
    > Yes, after nearly 4 decades of loyal use, I too have begun searching for alternate software. I am hopeful I will find a new package that can import all the data I have on Quicken.

[removed - no soliciting]  Every year or two I look for a replacement, but I've never found one that would not require re-entering or re-categorizing years worth of data (I have Quicken data going back to 1989, not in the active file of course, but that is one of my complaints with Quicken: lack of a fully functional relational database that allows true end-of-year closeout and consolidated storage of historical data so that Quicken would, for example, only open the current year and one previous year data when entering data but has access to the full history when running reports. Older data could be "unlocked" to make changes - this is, after all, not a full accounting package that would not allow such things. That's what QuickBooks was for when they were co-owned.)
  • Maule
    Maule Member

Same issue with transaction groups dropping transactions.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

And what have you done so far in an attempt to solve this problem?
    If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:
    • Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Mondo Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Validate and Supervalidate your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

This discussion has been closed.