User wants to paste transactions while incrementing date field by one month

thebuzzerman
thebuzzerman Member, Windows Beta Beta

I have 5-10 transactions that repeat every month. I cut and paste them, then have to find them in the register and change the date to the next month.

I'd like to be able to paste while simultaneously incrementing the date field.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not simply use Scheduled Transactions?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• thebuzzerman

Thanks, that was what I was looking for but couldn't locate.

I searched and searched and discovered that "Scheduled Transaction" is a term that I can no longer find in the menu tree.

Tools / Manage Bill and Income Reminders / Add / Bill / Manual Bill appears to do what I need.

I seem to recall that long ago there was previously a "Memorize Transaction" option reached directly by right-clicking a transaction in the register.

Thanks for the help.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebuzzerman said,

I seem to recall that long ago there was previously a "Memorize Transaction" option reached directly by right-clicking a transaction in the register.

There still is, once you have saved a transaction. It's called "Memorize Payee" and it only creates an entry in Tools / Memorized Payee List. When starting to add a new transaction, the memorized payee then pops up in a Selection List when you begin typing the Payee Name.
    There also is the right-click "Add reminder" function if you wish to create a Scheduled Reminder Transaction instead. This takes you to the Tools / Manage Bills and Income Reminders dialogs.

• thebuzzerman

UKR,

Thanks. I'll check that out when I return from traveling. Much appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.