Truist Down

Options

Truist direct connect is down.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @widomj@,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. What error message or error code are you getting when you try to update with your financial institution?

If you are getting error OL-220-A, then this is a known issue that has been escalated internally, although we do not currently have an ETA. You can bookmark this Community Alert to see updates and know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon in the upper right, make sure you are signed into the Community.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Hayden
    Hayden Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just got off the phone with Truist prior to seeing this post. Over the past couple of weeks, I would get an error and run update again and it would go through. Now I am getting the OL-220-A error. Since I use Direct Connect, I called Truist since it is clear the problem is on their end. CLUELESS! Their on-line banking "experts" didn't even know the difference between Direct Connect and Express Web Connect.
  • couchm01
    couchm01 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I finally worked up through two levels of support to the Truist Digital Support. The tech that I spoke to said that she was not aware of a problem. I shared with my Q error code; she seemed knowledgeable of Q from a high level. I was put on hold a couple of times, when she came back she said that the "higher ups" are now aware. I have 3 user ids 3 under ids with direct connect access each with different account registrations. This morning, two failed but one did a complete download. From my experience, I feel that Q needs to get on TT since they seem to have a strange way of determining priorities. I think I know what they would do, if one of their internal sstems concerning transaction processing of $$ was down....it would be a very high priority. In my case, I am not sure when they will get around to it. Quicken: can you get an ETA from them, please try again!
  • sbowe
    sbowe Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same error QL-220-A. It's been a problem for about a week. Following for resolution
  • J Perelman
    J Perelman Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem with Truist for the last 2 days
  • drbob@
    drbob@ Member ✭✭
    Options

I am have a smiliar issue today.

• widomj@
    widomj@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Kristina said:
    > Hello @widomj@,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. What error message or error code are you getting when you try to update with your financial institution?
    >
    > If you are getting error OL-220-A, then this is a known issue that has been escalated internally, although we do not currently have an ETA. You can bookmark this Community Alert to see updates and know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon in the upper right, make sure you are signed into the Community.
    >
    > Thank you.

What is the status of the fix?
  • bbeckatl
    bbeckatl Member ✭✭
    Options

Come on Quicken - this is not cool for the primary way that I pay bills through Truist to be unavailable going on a week now. Please fix your service. It is interesting that the annual service fees for this prodiuct continues to increase and the reliability of the product continues to decrease. Have used this product since 1995.

• HelpMeQkn
    HelpMeQkn Member ✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand how quicken recognizes their connection to a financial institution is broken and it takes more than a day or two to resolve. Once it is a "known issue" it should be fixed within hours! We pay monthly fees to both quicken and Truist for this service don't seem to get much in the way of "service" these days.

There is never an explanation as to what the issue is, there in never an offer to credit back for lost service or to refund for late fees incurred.

Quicken makes no effort to reach out proactively to inform us that the link to our financial institution is broken and is being worked on and tells us we need to be detectives and check the quicken community ourselves to figure out what is going on. Obviously Quicken knows that banks we use and should reach out when they are having issues with our bank to prevent frustration on our end as customers.

Overall, not a great experience.

And when will it be resolved ... who knows??
  • Hayden
    Hayden Member ✭✭
    Options
    Truist Direct Connect working! This morning, I tried again. Got OL-220-A and a notice that a newer version of Quicken was available. Downloaded V R48.18, Build 27.1.48.18 and restarted Quicken. Ran Update again (since the previous session had not completed) and transactions downloaded!. So now I believe the problem may have been a result of the last software update from Quicken rather than a Truist problem.
  • GerryL
    GerryL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not working here. Installed this morning's update (R48.18, Build 27.1.48.18). Error recovery with my Truist account looked good (Green). Download failed again with OL-220-A error. :(
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I have three accounts with Truist Bank. For the past several months, there have been numerous instances where the "Direct Connection" didn't work. It usually only lasts a day or so, then it magically connects and all is ok. Today, I'm back to getting an OL-220-A error when trying to connect with Truist. I know that Truist is still working through issues from its merger which combined BB&T and SunTrust Banks. I feel I've been patient during this process, but it's now time to get it right! I've used Quicken for bill paying and financial tracking for roughly 30 years. Over that time I've had a few issues, but usually they get solved relatively fast. The issue here is obviously with Truist, and they need to get it solved. I feel sure I'll be able to successfully connect to pay my bill soon, but this continued intermittent issue is getting really old. Can someone at Quicken please help all of us who bank with Truist get the word to their technical folks? Thanks.

UPDATE: It's now 2:50PM EDT. I just tried an update for Truist again, and was successful. All three accounts updated. I didn't use "One Step Update", but only updated Truist individually.
  • widomj@
    widomj@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Hayden said:
    > Truist Direct Connect working! This morning, I tried again. Got OL-220-A and a notice that a newer version of Quicken was available. Downloaded V R48.18, Build 27.1.48.18 and restarted Quicken. Ran Update again (since the previous session had not completed) and transactions downloaded!. So now I believe the problem may have been a result of the last software update from Quicken rather than a Truist problem.

Update did not fix the error.
  • Scott Z
    Scott Z Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was able to get 1 download on 4/25, then back to error message. Where can I read the error code? Qw just reads error on the download page and goes away, no code displayed.?
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Scott Z,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. What error message are you receiving? Are you seeing it on the One Step Update Summary screen? That summary usually comes up when you complete a One Step Update, but you can also view it by selecting Tools>One Step Update Summary.

An error code for a Direct Connect connection will start with OL. For Express Web Connect, it will start with CC.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jeff55
    Jeff55 Member
    Options

Same issue. Several days now.

• Scott Z
    Scott Z Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just completed a successful download. As for the update Summary, I am familiar with it, but it has not been giving codes... just a "Update failed" flashed on the screen.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @Scott Z,

Since its not showing you the error code, would you please go to Tools>Report a Problem to send the log files? Once you have done that, please post here so I will be able to check the logs and see if they give more detail on the reason the update is failing.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Scott Z
    Scott Z Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Kristina said:
    > Thank you for your reply @Scott Z,
    >
    > Since its not showing you the error code, would you please go to Tools>Report a Problem to send the log files? Once you have done that, please post here so I will be able to check the logs and see if they give more detail on the reason the update is failing.
    >
    > Thank you.

Logs sent!
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

I reviewed the logs you sent, and what is showing in the logs matches up with the current known issue.

I also noticed an "account not found" error. Are you having trouble with any of your other accounts? Do you have any inactive or closed accounts that are still connected in your Quicken? You can check that by going to Tools>Account List. If there are any hidden accounts, there will be a checkbox in the lower left that gives the option to see those accounts. If the Transaction Download column shows "yes" then Quicken thinks the account is connected.

If you have any inactive or closed accounts that are still connected, you may want to backup your file, then deactivate those accounts.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Scott Z
    Scott Z Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, I have addressed those closed accounts... FYI just tried another Truist download and got another Error!
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Was that error the same thing you described seeing earlier, or it is now a different message?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• GerryL
    GerryL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ran update twice this morning. Quicken downloaded two transactions from my Truist accounts. Did not receive any (OL-220-A) errors this time. Since the problem seemed to come and go in the past, I'll wait for a few more tries before I'm confident.
  • lijMichael
    lijMichael Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here, for the past 2/3 updates from Truist I have not gotten the dreaded OL-220-A error. Time will tell if this has been fixed.
    Quicken for Windows Home, Business, Rental Property, fully updated.
  • GerryL
    GerryL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Another successful Truist update (2 transactions) this morning.
  • Scott Z
    Scott Z Member ✭✭
    Options
    Kristina, I am back to receiving downloads from Truist, however to your previous question, I still do not see error codes at all. I have to watch the progress bar and watch for download error.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the update,

I'm glad to hear its currently downloading. If the issue comes back, please let us know.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• couchm01
    couchm01 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

I have reported on this problem earlier. Although, I too am able to download transactions, I do not think the problem has been corrected fully. Yes the accounts are being updated and it appears that Q transactions like bill pay are being passed up successfully to Truist. However, o my Q One Step Summary report shows an error correction on the downloads, possibly indicating a incomplete process. Also, in the past when you pulled up the register for an account, it would show at the top the date of last update...this is now blank not reflecting that an update had occurred. In light of these abnormalities I do not think that the problem has been solved. I have 3 user ids with Truist, on the Summary Update one with two accounts shows normal "end of job" with a green button, the other two id's show red buttons for incomplete although I received transitions for their respective accounts. Something is not right...I am still getting error codes on the summary but they are now OL-393-A and OL-301-A. Do not close this trouble ticket. [Edited - Readability]

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @couchm01,

Thank you for your reply. This is not a trouble ticket. This is a discussion thread. Since you mentioned you are getting other errors, I would recommend reviewing this article for the OL-301 and this article for the OL-393.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.